- UND Athletics Student Ticket Office
- Computer Lab
- Credit Union
- Dakota Student
- One-Stop Student Services
- Student Government
- Student Involvement
- Student Success Center
- UCard Office
- Employee Testimonials
- From the Director
- How to Apply
- Learning Outcomes
- Photo Album
- Staff Development
- Student Staff
- Workplace Philosophy
Mission and Values
In support of the missions of both the University of North Dakota and the Division of Student and Outreach Services, the mission of the Memorial Union is to be student-centered in all that it does, resulting in a sense of community that improves the campus climate for learning and living. As the "Heart" of UND, the Memorial Union is the gathering place of campus and provides services and conveniences that members of the campus community need and want in their daily lives. As an integral part of the educational mission of the University, the Memorial Union complements the academic experience by providing students a wide range of opportunities that serve as cooperative factors in their personal development and university experience. Overall, the Memorial Union is a source for programs, activities, events, services, and facilities that, when taken together, represent a well-considered plan for the community life of the university
That everyone be allowed to learn, work & live in a safe, caring environment.
That everyone learn about, understand, appreciate and respect various cultures.
That everyone matters.
That all individuals be respected and treated with dignity and civility.
That everyone shares in the responsibility of making UND a better place.
Our vision is that where ever you go on campus... or who ever you talk to... you constantly hear people say how much they really like the Memorial Union. We want them to be impressed with how the Memorial Union looks, happy about the services they received, and happy with how they are treated in the process.
We achieve our vision when everyone likes coming to the Memorial Union because it is the most friendly, welcoming, and exciting place on campus - it's a great place to be!
To reach that vision, we have a set of guiding principles that will help us build and nurture an organizational culture based on the following:
- An inclusive workplace culture, where everyone feels valued, appreciated, and knows that their presence makes a difference in the success of the organization.
- An atmosphere where co-workers respect, support and encourage each other and value each other's unique contributions.
- A culture that is hospitable, relaxed and appropriately balances professionalism & service with humor & playfulness.
- A supervision model based on mentoring, trust, empowerment, delegation, open communication, and shared feedback between supervisors and staff, and between co-workers.
- An awareness that employment at the Memorial Union holds deep meaning for students and that every staff member plays a significant role in shaping their development and helping them realize a rewarding UND experience and be personally and professionally successful.
- An understanding that student involvement can help prepare students to be personally and professionally successful, life long learners, good citizens, leaders, and knowledgeable contributing members of an increasingly global, multicultural society.