Email Transition Information
The North Dakota University System and Microsoft are leading the effort to migrate all live@edu (student) email accounts to Office 365. This is the first step towards future enhancements to overall communication between students, faculty, and staff. Please check back to this site often for updates on the email transition and timeline.
During the Migration: May 31 - June 7, 2013
- Microsoft will begin migrating UND Live@edu email accounts to the Office 365 system on May 31, 2013
- Email will continue to be accessible throughout most of the migration window, however there will be a period of time when email is unavailable.
- Tech support will be unable to reset account passwords during the migration.
- The migration of all accounts should be completed by June 7, 2013
After the Migration
- A new sign-in site will be used to access your UND student email. The updated URL will be available from the UND home page. You will continue to use your same login information to access your student email account. Login/password assistance is available at http://und.edu/claim or by contacting UND Tech Support.
- SkyDrive and Messenger content previously associated with your Live@edu account will now be available in a separate personal Microsoft account. You can access this account at https://skydrive.live.com and will use the same login information as you do to access Live@edu today. Note: UND will no longer administer this account. After the migration, you will use https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx to reset the password for your personal account.
- Two-minute Video Tutorial- This video from Microsoft explains the account split that occurs after the migration.
If you have any questions regaring the migration, please contact UND Tech Support.
Contact UND Tech Support
Local campus IT support, network access, Blackboard, application support, and much more.
Submit a UND Help Ticket
Contact the North Dakota University System Help Desk
24/7 support for Campus Connection/HRMS and login/password help.