- Adobe Connect
- Adobe Presenter
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Blackboard IM
- Blackboard SafeAssign
- Blackboard Voice Tools
- Clickers (TurningPoint)
- Digital Measures
- Read and Write Gold
BlackboardCampus Connection /People SoftCitrixClaim My AccountClassroom ServicesComputer PurchasingComputer Refresh ProgramEmail Employee Self-Service (HRMS)Instructional Design Mobile Device Support My UNDNetwork Access PC & Mac Support Software Downloads & Purchases Technical Requirements TelecommunicationTraining & TutorialsVideo Conferencing
Blackboard SP 14 Upgrade Features & Tutorials
UND's Blackboard System now has some of the new features that many of you have requested, including:
Full-Screen Inline Assignment Grading allowing you to comment, edit, and review assignments directly within your web browser. The newly added full-frame view gives you more space to work.
Inline Assignment Grading for Interactive Tools allows instructors to apply the same inline grading experience used for assignments to blogs, wikis, journals, and discussions.
Instructors can now shift previously developed course content and tools from one semester to the next, simply by changing the dates using the new Date Management feature.
The new Group Management feature makes it easier to create and manage groups in your courses and organizations, even large number of groups with hundreds of students. Instructors can now set up Smart Views at the time groups are created.
Students have new My Grades Display Options which provide several options for displaying their grades. Feedback is included right in-line, so students do not need to click on anything to view it – it just shows up on the page.
Blackboard Collaborate now has two different rooms that are automatically generated when Blackboard courses are created. Course Rooms are available for the duration of the course and do not need to be scheduled. My Rooms are created for instructors and can be used for office hours, meetings, or practice.
Click the links below for more information about some of these new features.
Full-Screen Inline Assignment Grading
Blackboard now offers a larger screen area by clicking the icon in the uppor right of the grading sidebar (4-arrows extending out) or show the icon). The new grading sidebar design in now available in discussion boards, blogs, journals and wikis.
Change all dates for the new semester on one screen. Includes start/end dates and due dates. You can change individual dates, or shift them all forward by a set number of days. Learn more at:
Create groups and smart views (in the Grade Center) at the same time. A new menu for selecting students as members of groups shows more information about the student. In the Groups menu page, you can view the different features for each group and easily turn them on and off.
For every course, Blackboard Collaborate generates two types of rooms that require no scheduling.
Course Room: A default room provided for your course that lasts as long as the duration of your course. By default, the room is titled with your course name and is always available.
- By default, students enter your Course Room as participants. Instructors and administrators enter as moderators. You can allow all participants to join as moderators so collaboration can start without your presence.
- Use your Course Room to acclimate students to your course setup, introduce new concepts, host Q and A sessions, lead study sessions, and grade group presentations.
My Room: A default room provided for each instructor that lasts as long as they retain an account on the system. By default, the room is titled with the instructors name and is always available.
- My Room is accessible from any course where the individual has the instructor role.
- Instructors can disallow participants from a certain course to enter their room.
- By default, students enter the room as participants. You can allow all students to join as moderators or only allow select users from a course to join your room.
- Use My Room to provide office hours or help to users across all your courses. When privacy is a concern, create a new session and restrict access to only the user you need to discuss an issue with.
Note: The teaching assistant role does not have a default My Room, but can schedule a session and enter as a moderator.
My Grades Display Options
Several changes were made:
- An Order by drop-down list allows you to change order by course, last activity, or due date. By default items are ordered by course, which displays items in the order the instructor has arranged them.
- You can narrow the listed items by selecting All, Graded, Upcoming, and Submitted. For example, selecting Graded only shows rows that have been graded by the instructor.
- The text size and row spacing have been reduced, resulting in more information being displayed on the page at once.
- Feedback is included right in-line, so you do not need to click on anything to view it – it just shows up on the page.
The Center for Instructional & Learning Technologies will continue offering workshops on these new features in January. Please check the Workshop Schedule for details on these sessions.
Additional Blackboard Resources
- Teaching With Technology Tips for Faculty
- The Official Blackboard Help Site (UND is currently on Service Pack 14)
- Faculty Resource Site in Blackboard under your My Courses list
- Discussion Forums - Updated with SP12
- Social Networking Tools & User Profiles - New with SP12
- Calendar - New with SP12
- Retention Center - New with SP12
Local campus IT support, network access, Blackboard, application support, and much more.
Submit a Support Ticket
Contact NDUS Help Desk
24/7 support for Campus Connection/HRMS and login assistance.