- Adobe Connect
- Adobe Presenter
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Blackboard IM
- Blackboard SafeAssign
- Blackboard Voice Tools
- Clickers (TurningPoint)
- Digital Measures
- Read and Write Gold
Classroom ServicesComputer PurchasingEmail Employee Self-Service (HRMS)File StorageInstructional Design Mobile Device Support Network Access PC & Mac SupportSecuritySoftware Downloads & Purchases Technical Requirements TelecommunicationTraining & Tutorials
Faculty and staff at the University of North Dakota use the Microsoft Office 365 platform for email. This is the same email platform used by the North Dakota University System.
Getting Started/Login Information:
Access Office 365 by going to Outlook Web Access or by opening Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
Typical Username: email@example.com
- A small number of user's have @email.und.edu for their username
- Password: This password is not currently synchronized with your NDUS.Identifier/Password and may be different than what you use to access Campus Connection and Blackboard. If you do not remember your password, please contact the NDUS Help Desk or UND Tech Support for assistance.
Change My Password
- Login to Outlook Web Access
- Click the Gear Icon (Settings) in the upper right hand corner
- Select Office 365 Settings
- Select Password on the menu on the left side
- Type your current password and your new password twice
- Click the Save button
Request an Account
Requests to create or remove Office 365 email accounts must be submitted by an appropriate UND representative (IT contact, supervisor, administrative assistant, etc.) for the department requesting the removal or creation.
- To request an Office 365 email account, complete the Account Request Form and attach in a ticket to UND Tech Support (use Send Help Request link to the right).
- Please contact your IT department or UND Tech Support for removal of an Office 365 email account for a previous faculty/staff member or student employee.
Features of Office 365
- Email (25GB Mailbox)
- Lync (Instant messaging with audio/video and online meetings)
- SharePoint (Document Sharing)
- Outlook Client and Browser-Based Web Access
Message and Recipient Limits
- The recipient rate limit for Office 365 allows users to send email to up to 10,000 recipients per day.
- Please visit with UND Tech Support for more information on sending mass email messages.
Skype for Business Installation (Formerly Lync)
Mac or PC
- Visit My Company Portal Website to download the new Microsoft Skype for Business (formerly Lync) client: http://portal.microsoftonline.com
- Click on Settings (gear icon) in the upper right corner and select Office 365 Settings.
- Select Software and then select Lync
- Follow the steps to install of update Lync
- If prompted for an installation code, contact UND Tech Support.
iPhone and iPad
- Download the Microsoft Lync 2013 for iPhone client from the App Store.
- Type your address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Sign-In Address field.
- Type your password in the Password field.
- Tap the More Details link.
- Type AD username (e.g., email@example.com) in the Username field.
- Tap the Sign In button. Select You and tap Next. Type your mobile phone number and tap Next. Tap Done.
Setting up Office 365 on a Mobile Device
Visit our Mobile Device page for information on how to configure a mobile device to receive email from Office 365.
Setting up OneDrive for Business
- Log into http://portal.microsoftonline.com
- Click on OneDrive
- If this is the first time, there will be a short configuration period.
- To Sync OneDrive to your personal computer, click Sync and then Sync again.
- Click here for additional information and a video tutorial.
Creating, Editing, and Sharing Files in OneDrive
- Log into http://portal.microsoftonline.com
- Click on OneDrive.
- If this is your first time accessing OneDrive for Business, you may need to refer to the section above to configure your account.
Creating a File:
- Click +new to create a new file.
- Select the type of document you would like to create (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote) or upload an existing file.
- If creating a new file, enter the name for the file when prompted and click OK.
- The file will open in Microsoft Web App (a lite browser-based version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or One Note). You are now able to create and edit the document.
Editing a File:
- You can view and edit the file within your browser using Microsoft Web Apps.
- Select the file you wish to edit.
- To edit, click Edit at the top of the web app.
- If you want to make changes that require the full set of capabilities found in the Office desktop programs, click the command to open the document in the desktop program (Edit in Word, Edit in Excel, Edit in PowerPoint, or Edit in OneNote). To continue to work in the web app version, click Edit Online.
- Additional information and video tutorials can be found on Microsoft's Help Site.
Sharing a File:
- Up-to-date information on how to share files can be found on Microsoft's Help Site.
- Clutter is a feature in Office 365 which identifies low priority messages and moves them into a separate folder, outside of the inbox.
- Clutter is turned on by default for the Office 365 faculty/staff email tenant.
- For additional information on Clutter, including how it works and how to disable it, visit this Microsoft help page on Clutter.
- Upon opening Office 365 web email in Firefox, the error :-( something went wrong appears.
Workaround: Follow these instructions to disable the Windows Media Player extension which is causing the error.