- Adobe Connect
- Adobe Presenter
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Blackboard IM
- Blackboard SafeAssign
- Blackboard Voice Tools
- Clickers (TurningPoint)
- Digital Measures
- Read and Write Gold
Classroom ServicesComputer PurchasingEmail Employee Self-Service (HRMS)File StorageInstructional Design Mobile Device Support Network Access PC & Mac SupportSecuritySoftware Downloads & Purchases Technical Requirements TelecommunicationTraining & Tutorials
The following basic requirements are recommended for UND courses.
- Active E-mail Account
- Admitted UND students are required to use their official UND student email
- Operating System
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
- Macintosh (10.5 or Higher)
Note: All software/systems may not be compatible with each operating system.
- Wireless and satellite connections should not be used when taking exams or quizzes on Blackboard.
- Wireless and satellite connections do not work with Live Web courses. If your class meets synchronously (live) using Adobe Connect, Wimba, or Blackboard Collaborate, please make arrangements to connect directly to the modem/router before participating in the live class. Wireless connections will not be supported and any exceptions must be approved by the instructor of the course.
- Minimum of DSL/Cable (512kbps) is recommended. To check your Internet connection speed, go here: http://speedtest.net
- For more information about UND Network Connections, please visit:
- Word Processing Software (recommend: Microsoft Word) Office 365 ProPlus is available for free to current UND students. This includes Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.). UND faculty and staff can purchase Microsoft Office at a reduced rate through the Microsoft Home Use program. Microsoft Office is also available for purchase from the UND Bookstore or accessible to use free of charge through Citrix).
- We currently recommend the 32-bit version of Microsoft Office (64-bit may be incompatible with some applications)
Free Software Downloads:
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Acrobat Reader version 9 or newer
- Apple iTunes
- Apple QuickTime
- PDF Printer: doPDF Convert files into PDF (Adobe Portable Document Format)
- PowerPoint Viewer (If you do not have Microsoft PowerPoint.)
- Real Video Player or VLC
- Java - Follow these steps to check your current version of Java and remove any previous versions.
- Go to www.java.com and click on "Free Java Download."
- Download the updated version of Java if needed. Once the new Java version is installed locate and uninstall any previous versions of Java. Click here for directions to uninstall previous versions of Java.
- Additional information on Java can be found here:
Blackboard Supported Web Browsers and Operating Systems
Additional Tech Requirements for Online and Distance Education Courses
Live Web courses may have these additional requirements, please check with your instructor.
- USB/Firewire Web Camera
- USB Stereo Headset/Microphone (Volume control recommended; WebCam Mic NOT recommended.)
Program Specific Requirements
Some degree programs require additional or different technologies. If you are unsure, please contact your instructor or the program coordinator.
Instructional Design & Technology (IDT)
- Video Card (512MB of VRAM Radeon, Nvidia, or equivalent).
- Mac must have an Intel processor.
Distance Engineering Degree Program (DEDP)
- Scanner: used for scanning homework assignments
If your course syllabus references a technology level, such as A, B, C, or D, please refer to your instructor or program coordinator for more information on the additional tech requirements for your course/program.
|Normal||All systems normal|