- Adobe Connect
- Adobe Presenter
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Blackboard IM
- Blackboard SafeAssign
- Clickers (TurningPoint)
- Collaboration Stations
- Proctored Exams
- Read & Write Gold
Students at the University of North Dakota use the Microsoft Office 365 platform for email. This is the same email platform used by the North Dakota University System.
University of North Dakota student email accounts are being migrated to a unified Microsoft Office 365 system during the Fall 2015 semester. For more information, visit the student email migration page.
Getting Started with Office 365
Accessing Your Student Email Account
Sign in to Office 365 Webmail
Login: NDUS.Identifier@my.und.edu (same ID as Campus Connection, Blackboard, etc.). If you use jane.doe to log into Campus Connection, you will use firstname.lastname@example.org to log into your student email account.
Password: (same password as you use for Campus Connection, Blackboard, etc.)
- Specify your time zone: When you log in for the first time, you will need to specify your time zone or your messages will be time stamped incorrectly.
Note: Your login will not work at outlook.com. Please use the link above.
Mobile Device Access
Typical Configurations will need the following information:
- Account Type: Exchange or Corporate Sync
- Email Address:email@example.com
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: "Your Email Password"
- Domain: "Leave Blank"
- Server: outlook.office365.com
Specific Devices: Use this Microsoft page to setup your email, contact, and calendar access.
Problems Logging on for the First Time?
Follow these steps if you are logging in to your email for the first time and get the error, "That password is incorrect. Be sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account."
- First, be sure you are entering your full email address for the username and the password you set up when claiming your account. If that is correct, proceed to step 2.
Check to see if you can log in.
- If you can log in to the above site, your account and password may not have synced with the Office 365 student email system. To resolve this, click Change My Password. Please note that this will also change the password you use in Campus Connection, Blackboard, etc.
- If you cannot log in to the above website, click on Forgot My Password link to reset your password.
- After changing or resetting your password, try logging in again.
If you continue to have trouble logging in or have additional questions, contact UND Tech Support.
Office 365 Message and Recipient Limits
- Message size limit (includes any attachments): 25MB
- Recipient limit (maximum number recipients allowed in To:, CC:, and Bcc: fields): 500
- Recipient rate limit (maximum number of recipients that can receive email from a single mailbox in 24 hour period): 10,000
- Subject length: 255 characters
- Deleted Items folder retention period: 30 days (after 30 days they are automatically removed)
- Junk E-mail folder retention period: 30 days (after 30 days items are automatically removed)
- Upon opening email in Firefox, the error :-( something went wrong appears.
Resolution: Follow these instructions to disable the Windows Media Player extension which is causing the error.
- A white screen displays after logging in to email.
Resolution: This issue happens to users who have previously accessed Outlook.com with that browser. The solution is to clear the browser cache and cookies, and restart the browser. For instructions are clearing cache and cookies, visit this website.
Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (full version of Microsoft Office) is available to current UND students at no cost. For more information, please click here.