- Adobe Connect
- Adobe Presenter
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Blackboard IM
- Blackboard SafeAssign
- Clickers (TurningPoint)
- Collaboration Stations
- Proctored Exams
- Read & Write Gold
Adobe Presenter for Students
Adobe Presenter is a plug-in that allows users to take a PowerPoint presentation and add audio, video, quizzes and other interactions to the presentation. The presentation may be published as a downloadable file.
Presentations can be viewed on any computer and Flash supported mobile devices. iPhones and iPads do not support Flash.
- Download the Adobe Presenter 9 Plug-in, which installs a menu item in PowerPoint. The serial number can be found in the Student Resource Course under "Making & Viewing Recordings.
- Adobe Presenter 11 is now available for use. Download the Presenter 11 plug-in, which installs as a menu item in PowerPoint. The serial number can be found in the Student Resource Course under "Making & Viewing Recordings.
Presenter 10 is no longer supported by Adobe.
Presenter 9 System Requirements
- Windows XP with Service Pack 3, Vista, Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8 or 8.1. Presenter authoring is not compatible with Mac OS. Viewing is available on Mac or Windows
- Office 2007 32 bit, Office 2010 32 or 64 bit, Office 2013 32 bit
- Adobe Reader 9 or later
- Flash Player 9 or later
- View additional system requirements for Presenter 9
Presenter 11 System Requirements
- Introduction to Adobe Presenter 9 - Video Tutorial
- Video Tutorials
- Introduction to Adobe Presenter 11 - Video Tutorial
- Additional training tutorials are under development.
Adobe Presenter 9
- Occasionally the audio does not load when viewing an Adobe Presentation from a Mac, but the audio is present when viewing the presentation from a PC. The playback bar shows the text, "No Audio." To fix the problem, reload the presentation (use Command-R on Mac). Some users reported it takes several reloading attempts before the audio loads properly.
- PowerPoint locks up or freezes when using Adobe Presenter. There is no known workaround to this problem other than to wait a few moments until it unfreezes.
- Users are unable to upload content directly to the server when using Firefox. Workaround: Use a browser other than Firefox to upload items.
- The jigsaw puzzle integration allows the creator to set a timer, but the slide defaults to 5 seconds if no audio is present on the slide. Workaround: In the Presenter ribbon, go to Slide Manager. Change the "Advance by User" option to "yes" for the desired slide. Users are unable to edit a scenario once it is created. No known workaround.
- When switching from Normal view to Slide Sorter, the residual background image of Normal view appears behind the slide sorter images.
- Additional known issues for Adobe Presenter 9 can be found on this page.
Adobe Presenter 11
- There are currently no known issues for Adobe Presenter 11. UND Tech Support staff are continuing to test and evaluate this version.
Legacy Presenter Versions
To determine the version of Adobe Presenter that is best for you, please visit the Adobe Tech Requirements site to see which version is compatible with your system.
Note: There is a separate serial number for each version of Presenter. Serial numbers can be found in the Student Resource Course under "Making & Viewing Recordings. If you do not have access to the Student Resource Course, please contact UND Tech Support.
- Adobe Presenter 8
Adobe Presenter 7
- Does not require an Adobe ID to install and has a smaller download file. Presenter 7 only works with 32 bit versions of Office 2003, 2007 and 2010. Not compatible with Office 2013.
- To get started with version 7, download the Adobe Presenter plug-in .
- Please note that Presenter 7 is no longer supported by Adobe.
|Normal||All systems normal|