About Us Programs Internships
The mission of Residence Life Cinema (Channel 98-1 and Channel 116-1) is to promote student development. RLC offers quality information about events and services that pertain to students. It also provides programming that reflects the University's mission and values. A variety of popular movies can be viewed each evening throughout the week on Residence Life Cinema.
Materials submitted for consideration must meet the following criteria:
- Material must demonstrate educational and/or informational value. Educational value is defined as any material that would be included as part of curriculum in an NDUS institution. As such, the material must stand-alone and not undermine the educational mission of the living and learning environment in UND Residence Halls.
- Informational value is defined as any material that would assist students who live in the Residence Halls. These include, but are not limited to, meeting deadlines, contractual obligations, availability of services, and general living assistance.
- Material must promote student development both inside and outside the classroom. As such, the material must stand alone and not undermine the educational mission of the Department of Residence Services.
Material should not contain the following:
- Commercial advertising by for-profit organizations, including advertising by and on behalf of candidates for public office.
- Any material that is obscene, indecent, sexually suggestive, or an invasion of privacy.
- Any material that is hate related or that undermines the institution's commitment to diversity.
- Any material concerning lottery information, gift enterprises, or similar concepts.
Programs should meet the following technical requirements:
- DVC Pro, DVD or MPEG with MPEG-2 Audio
- Broadcast standards for quality signal and levels
Only programs produced by Residence Services or the University of North Dakota Television Center may contain sponsorship slots and/or underwriter spots.