- Public Relations
- Graphic Design
- Social Media
- Ceremonies and Events
- UND Nickname Committee
- May 18, 2015 Mtg.
- May 6, 2015 Mtg.
- April 16, 2015 Mtg.
- March 25, 2015 Mtg.
- March 10, 2015 Mtg.
- Nickname Suggestion Lists
- Fall 2014 Task Force
- Identity Guidelines
- Media Contacts
- Events Calendar
- News Archives
- Government Relations Guidelines
- Social Media Directory
Director of Campus Client Services
The Director of Campus Client Services (DCCS) will serve as the primary point of contact for clients of the Division of University & Public Affairs. The DCCS will direct and manage the project development process, field client inquiries, and work to resolve client issues. S/he will also assure the smooth operation of the Division when responding to internal and external project requests.
The DCCS will have primary responsibility for managing projects taken on by the Division. This person will track all projects and, under the supervision of the Vice President, will assemble project teams and subject matter experts to complete these projects. S/he will also ensure that the projects are completed on time and within budget, and are aligned with organizational and client goals. S/he will maintain project momentum, report on progress, and ensure client expectations are met.
The Director of Campus Client Services will also, as appropriate, provide marketing and communication expertise and input on projects and bay serve as a project team member, as well as the team coordinator, in providing communications services and expertise. Because of the importance of maintaining strong, effective working relationships with the University community, the DCCS will report directly to the Vice President for University & Public Affairs and will serve as the Vice President's primary representative on the Division project teams. S/he will at all times represent the Division in a professional, knowledgeable and responsive manner. The DCCS will also have oversight for various projects driven by the Division of University and Public Affairs itself, such as the UND Update and quarterly reports. In connection with that responsibility, the Division's Coordinator of Internal Communications will report to the DCCS position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Maintain, continually update, and communicate the strategic process for evaluating and implementing project requests.
- Lead project teams in applying the strategic project management process to project requests.
- Communicate information about the strategic process to clients.
- Update/refine process as necessary.
- Develop and implement means of measuring and evaluating effectiveness of projects.
Manage online submission, and other submissions, process for project requests to the Division of University and Public Affairs.
- Manage workflow to ensure goals are met on time.
- Schedule, manage, and attend initial client meetings to set project scope and plan.
- Track budget expenditures to ensure projects stay on budget.
- Log and classify project requests to track the needs and levels of support clients require.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of University & Public Affairs resources vs. needs.
Provide general project management support to groups deployed on specific projects.
- Work with project teams to secure outside contract/third party resources.
- Ensure that projects align with client, unit and University strategic objectives.
Developing and maintaining strategic client relationships.
- Meet frequently with units and Colleges to assess needs.
- Educate units and Colleges about the Division's processes, services and capabilities.
- Develop processes and strategies that meet client needs.
- Effectively resolve issues and concerns.
Assist in evaluating, enhancing and managing processes for projects internal to University & Public Affairs.
- Identity efficiencies of day-to-day tasks.
- Implement processes.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day functions that span both Marketing & Communications and University Relations.
- Manage projects produced not only by- but for- the Division of University & Public Affairs, such as the UND update, quarterly reports, etc.
- Maintain high level of communication with the Vice President for University & Public Affairs.
From time to time, the DCCS may also serve as a member, and not only a coordinator, of such project teams, and may personally have communications assignments to fulfill. Good communications and marketing skills are highly desirable in this role.
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Status: $70,000 plus/year, Full-Time, Regular, Benefitted, Exempt.
Closing Date: August 1, 2014
Applications are accepted through UND Human Resources & Payroll Services. > Apply Now