- Agendas and Minutes
- Senate Members
- Governance Documents
- Faculty Senate Proposal
- Senate Orientation
- About the Senate
- Responsibilities and Privileges
- Personnel Information
- Teaching Policies and Procedures
University Senate Standing Committees
- Academic Policies and Admissions Committee
- Administrative Procedures Committee
- Assessment Committee, University
- Committee on Committees
- Compensation Committee
- Conflict of Interest/Scientific Misconduct Committee
- Curriculum Committee, University Senate
- Essential Studies Committee
- Executive Committee
- Faculty Handbook Committee
- Faculty Instructional Development Committee
- Honorary Degrees Committee
- Honors Committee
- Intellectual Property Committee
- Intercollegiate Athletics Committee
- Legislative Affairs Committee
- Library Committee
- Online and Distance Education Committee
- Scholarly Activities Committee
- Senate Budget Committee
- Special Review Committee Pool
- Standing Committee on Faculty Rights
- Student Academic Standards Committee
University Senate Ad Hoc Committees
- Ad Hoc Committee for Special Appointment and Contingent Faculty Rights (SACFR)
- Ad Hoc Committee for Qualified Faculty Requirements (QFR)
- Ad Hoc Committee for the Study of Practices for the Evaluation of Administration (SPEA)
- USAT 2.0 - Student Evaluation of Teaching Implementation Committee (SETIC)
- USAT 1.0 - University Student Assessment of Teaching Committee
University Ad-Hoc Committee Archives
SPEA (Study of Procedures for Administrative Evaluation) Report
Qualified Faculty Requirements ad hoc committee report
AY 2016-2017 Fora
- 8 September - Update on Strategic Planning from the faculty members of the Strategic Planning Committee
- 13 October - Space Management, Thursday Oct 13 at 4-5 in Educ. 113
- 18 October - From USAT to SELFI, 3:30 in Memorial Union Lecture Bowl
- 19 October - Update on Strategic Planning from the faculty members of the Strategic Planning Committee, 3:30 pm in the Memorial Union Lecture Bowl
AY 2015-2016 Fora:
- 17 September - "The Provost's Priorities" by Provost Tom DiLorenzo
- 29 October - "Budget Shortfall" by Vice President Alice Brekke
- 12 November - "Updates on Provost's Priorities" by Provost Tom DiLorenzo
- 19 November - "Essential Studies" by ES Director Ryan Zerr & ES Committee Chair Lori Robison
- 16 December - "Updates on Campus Priorities" by Provost Tom DiLorenzo, VPRED Grant McGimpsey, & AVPDI Sandra Mitchell
- 13 January - "Updates on Provost's Priorities" by Provost Tom DiLorenzo
- 21 January - "Diversity & Inclusion Basics" by AVP Sandra Mitchell
- 28 January - "Academic Deans' Council" by all Academic Deans
- 11 February - "Discussion of Collaborative Governance" by Chancellor Mark Hagerott, Past U Senate Chair Jim Mochuruk, Current NDSU Faculty Senate President Dennis Cooley, and Current NDU President Sarah Mosher, with Past U Senate Chair & NDUS Board Member Jim Grijalva
- 24 February - "Updates on Campus Priorities" by Provost Tom DiLorenzo
- 25 February - with VP Alice Brekke
- 10 March - with VP Grant McGimpsey
- 24 March - "Developing a 21st Century Academic Research Library System at UND" with Dean Stephanie Walker
- 21 April - Update on the student evaluation of teaching instrument from ad-hoc U Senate committee SETIC
- 25 April - "Updates on Campus Priorities" by Provost Tom DiLorenzo
- 04 May - Undergrad Admissions with VP Lori Reesor
SETIC (Student Evaluation of Teaching Implementation Committee) work
Based on recommendations from USAT 1.0, the University Senate formed a USAT 2.0 committee - called SETIC. SETIC work has been ongoing in AY 2015-16. SETIC submitted its final report in September of 2016 and a SETIC 3.0 new committee was formed, with this charge.
SETIC has developed a new instrument, the Student Evaluation of Learning & Feedback for Instructors (or the SELFI) that they presented to the campus on 21 April 2016. Click these links to view the SELFI instrument and the SETIC presentation.
For a historical refresher, recall that the University Senate Ad-hoc Committee on the University Student Assessment of Teaching (USAT 1.0) submitted its FINAL REPORT in December 2014. Read their recommendations and research on how to improve the campus SET forms.
Budget 101 & 102
The University Senate's Budget, Restructuring, and Reallocation Committee, under the leadership of chair Margi Healy, offered three "Budget 101" sessions during the Spring 2015 semester to help inform faculty and staff about the budget model that will be in use at UND in the near future. This Model for Incentive-Based Resource Allocation (MIRA) will entail a significant shift in how resources are allocated to the colleges at UND.
The link below is a podcast of the information presented at the Budget 101 sessions.
AY 2015-16 Faculty Study Seminar
Study Group on Collaborative Governance
Two groups have formed in March 2015 to read Governance Reconsidered: How Boards, Presidents, Administrators, and Faculty Can Help Their Colleges Thrive (2014). Participants will first read the brief open access book, Shared Governance in Higher Education: Structural and Cultural Responses to a Changing National Climate by William D. Leach (2008).
For more information about the Shared Governance and Leadership Interest Group, contact Rebecca Weaver-Hightower, 777-6391, firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Faculty Travel/Scholarly Activity Funding Report
An ad-hoc committee of the Senate Executive Committee gathered information in AY 2014-15 regarding internal funding availability for the scholarly activities of UND faculty.
Faculty Senate Proposal Documents (Fall 2012 to Fall 2015)
The final phase of the multi-year discussion on the formation of a Faculty Senate has arrived. Two ad-hoc committees, the University Senate Revision Committee and the Faculty Senate Development Committee, worked over the summer of 2015 to compose draft language for a revised UND Constitution and a new UND Faculty Senate Constitution and Bylaws, as charged by University Senators in April. Drafts of all documents will be posted here.
The "Final revised draft" documents (first three in list) are on the agenda for discussion at the December 2015 University Senate meeting.
- Final revised draft of the new Faculty Senate Constitution & Bylaws
- Final revised draft of the new UND Constitution
- Updated Executive Summary & FAQs
- Revised Draft of the new Faculty Senate Constitution & Bylaws
- Revised Draft of the new UND Constitution
- First draft of the new Faculty Senate Constitution & Bylaws
- First draft of the new UND Constitution
- Executive Summary of Governance Documents
Since the fall semester of 2012, the University Senate Ad Hoc Committee on Shared Governance has been developing and revising proposals for a faculty senate at UND. This process, already well into its fourth year, has involved widespread input from across campus.
The links below allow access to the proposal at various stages in its development. Each revision incorporates feedback generated by the previous version.