- Agendas and Minutes
- Senate Members
- Governance Documents
- Faculty Senate Proposal
- Senate Orientation
- About the Senate
- Responsibilities and Privileges
- Personnel Information
- Teaching Policies and Procedures
Budget, Restructuring and Reallocation Committee
To provide faculty guidance and oversight to the administration in regard to restructuring/reallocation and other new or special budget proposals, to advance faculty-initiated restructuring/reallocation proposals to the Senate and the Vice President for Academic Affairs, and to act as the mechanism for provision of faculty participation prior to termination of tenured faculty under exigent or other emergency circumstances.
Vice President for Academic Affairs (one, non-voting, advisory)
Vice Chair of University Senate (one)
Functions and Responsibilities
- Acting of its own volition, upon the request of the Senate and/or others, the Committee shall assume the following responsibilities:
- Provide faculty perspective and advice to the University Planning and Budget Committee, to the Provost, ad to the President, regarding planning and budget.
- Receive and review restructuring/reallocation proposals from the administration and provide advice regarding the proposals.
- Advance to the Senate/Provost restructuring/reallocation proposals initiated by the faculty.
- Serve as a review and advisory body for new/special budget requests including, but not limited to: system-wide restructuring, intramural course duplication, and non-restructuring allocation proposals.
- Perform the pre-termination faculty participation role in financial exigency circumstances and in other instances required by the Board of Higher Education Policy Manual or requested by the President or Provost.