- Agendas and Minutes
- Senate Members
- Governance Documents
- Faculty Senate Proposal
- Senate Orientation
- About the Senate
- Responsibilities and Privileges
- Personnel Information
- Teaching Policies and Procedures
To provide leadership for the Senate, to ensure that Senate policies are implemented, to act as liaison between the Senate and the University of North Dakota and the North Dakota University System.
Senate Chairperson (one)
Senate Vice Chairperson (one)
Immediate Past Chairperson of the Senate (one)
Faculty representatives (three)
Vice President for Academic Affairs (one, voting)
Student who is a University Senate member (one, voting)
Staff who is a University Senate member (one, voting)
Functions and Responsibilities
- Call special meetings of the Senate.
- Change the time of the regular meeting in emergencies.
- Prepare the agenda.
- Act on behalf of the Senate when a meeting of the Senate does not seem justified or when such a meeting is prevented by lack of a quorum. Subsequent to the action taken by the Executive Committee, the Committee will report to the next meeting of the Senate to seek approval for the action that was taken by the Committee.
- Monitor the implementation of Senate legislation passed by the Senate.
- Coordinate action between the Senate and its committees.
- Care for the Senate by-laws by keeping them current and providing a codified copy to the chairperson at every meeting of the Senate. Publish codified by-laws for the Senate as often as it deems advisable.
- Care for the University Constitution, attending specifically to publication, distribution, amendment, and interpretation.
- Care for the Standing Rules, exercising the sort of supervision directed for the by-laws.
- Codify Council and Senate legislation, publishing the codified legislation at the direction of the Senate.
- Maintain the University Senate Committee Manual.
- Maintain and keep current the University Senate website.