- Agendas and Minutes
- Senate Members
- Governance Documents
- Faculty Senate Proposal
- Senate Orientation
- About the Senate
- Responsibilities and Privileges
- Personnel Information
- Teaching Policies and Procedures
Honorary Degrees Committee
To provide a vehicle for granting honorary degrees according to the current university standards and policies.
Faculty (five, each from a different college)
Dean of the Graduate School (one)
Vice President for Academic Affairs or a designee (one)
Functions and Responsibilities
Acting of its own volition, upon the request of the Senate and/or others, the committee shall assume the following responsibilities:
- Solicit nominations for honorary degrees.
- Establish a procedure for reviewing nominations and making a recommendation.
- Consider nominations and submit a recommendation to the University Senate.
- Review current university policies, standards, and procedures for granting an honorary degree and submit recommendations to the Senate.