- Agendas and Minutes
- Senate Members
- Governance Documents
- Faculty Senate Proposal
- Senate Orientation
- About the Senate
- Responsibilities and Privileges
- Personnel Information
- Teaching Policies and Procedures
Honors Program Committee
To provide faculty oversight of the University Honors Program by formulating policy, advising the program, establishing standards, evaluating the success of the Program, assessing Sophomore Honors Portfolios, and serve on Senior Honors Thesis Committees.
21 Total Members:
Honors Program Director (one)
Honors Faculty (three)
Students of the Honors Program (eight, with at least one first-year Honors student)
Functions and Responsibilities
- Acting of its own volition, upon the request of the Senate and/or others, the Committee shall assume responsibility for the following:
- Address issues regarding the Honors Program.
- Provide assistance, oversight, review and approval in formulating and setting program policy.
- Advise and assist students completing their Senior Honors Thesis.
- Provide oversight, review and assistance to colleges and departments in the development of special programs of honors study that fall outside the Honors Program.
- The Director, Honors faculty, and appropriate subcommittees will:
- Evaluate prospective Honors students for tuition waivers.
- Review applications, interview candidates, and recommend new Honors faculty.
- Serve on subcommittees as needed, i.e. grievances, etc.
- Recommend for approval graduation of senior students on the basis of the Director's and the Committee's evaluation.
- Work with department chairs and deans in making suitable adjustments in curricula and faculty loads.