- Agendas and Minutes
- Senate Members
- Governance Documents
- Faculty Senate Proposal
- Senate Orientation
- About the Senate
- Responsibilities and Privileges
- Personnel Information
- Teaching Policies and Procedures
Online and Distance Education Committee
To provide oversight of academic rigor for courses and programs offered at a distance, and to encourage faculty participation in distance education.
- Faculty (six)
- Vice President for Academic Affairs (one, voting)
- Distance Education Librarian of Chester Fritz Library or designee (one, voting)
- Dean of Outreach Programs or designee (one, non-voting advisory)
- Distance students (two non-voting)
- Faculty – three years
- Vice President for Academic Affairs or designee – concurrent with office
- Distance Education Librarian of Chester Fritz Library or designee – concurrent with office
- Dean of Outreach Programs or designee – concurrent with office
- Undergraduate distance student (one year)
- Graduate distance student (one year)
- Faculty–approximately one-third elected by the University Senate in April and assuming responsibilities May 1
- Distance student–created by Student Senate in April and assuming responsibility in May.
- Distance Education Librarian – ex-officio
Functions and Responsibilities
To perform a thorough review of Committee policies in even-numbered years as preparation for any issues arising in the State legislative session in odd-numbered years. This review is to be submitted to the Senate Executive Committee and the Senate Legislative Affairs Committee.
Acting of its own volition, upon the request of the Senate and/or others, the committee shall assume the following responsibilities:
- Address as necessary faculty development, delivery methods, and other issues arising from implementing new educational technologies and serving nontraditional student populations.
- Advise the Senate, the University and the Dean of Outreach Programs with regard to all programs of the Division for which academic credit is granted.
- Be guided by the principle that questions of academic content and quality reside with the department offering the distance curriculum.
- Maintain and keep current committee website.
- To promote campus wide interest in and advocacy for continuing and distance education activities.
- To assure that information about distance courses are accessible to faculty.
- To disseminate information about various approaches and teaching techniques in distance education to faculty.
- To develop and implement an annual plan to accomplish the purposes of the Senate Continuing Education Committee.
Report to Senate
Prepare an annual report, which addresses each function and responsibility, and submit it to the Senate secretary two weeks before the March Senate meeting.