- Agendas and Minutes
- Senate Members
- Governance Documents
- Faculty Senate Proposal
- Senate Orientation
- About the Senate
- Responsibilities and Privileges
- Personnel Information
- Teaching Policies and Procedures
Scholarly Activities Committee
Stimulate and encourage scholarly activities and develop relevant institutional policies.
Faculty (nine, to include two representatives from the College of Arts & Sciences with one of these from the divisions of humanities and fine arts and the other member from the divisions of natural sciences and social sciences)
Vice President for Academic Affairs or designee (one, voting)
Vice President for Research or designee (one, voting)
Functions and Responsibilities
Acting of its own volition, upon the request of the Senate and/or others, the Committee shall assume the following responsibilities:
- Address general issues of importance to establishing and maintaining strong research and development programs on campus.
- Stimulate interaction between disciplines and take a proactive role to establish centers of excellence at UND.
- Allocate available research funds based on pre-established policies and guidelines.
- Committee is responsible of thorough review of own policies in even years.
- Maintain and keep current committee website.