The UND Faculty Finder provides, for the first time, a University-wide database driven interface to help students, faculty, and others identify and learn more about UND faculty. Information in the database resides in the Faculty Finder website, is linked in the UND Directory, can be embedded on department sites, and is used on interactive TVs in some areas.
Each UND faculty member automatically has his/her own profile populated with contact information from PeopleSoft and data from the Research Expert Database "Find the Expert", if available.
Profiles can be enhanced by including education, office hours, professional headshot, website/vita links, biography, courses taught, publications and presentations, research/areas of interest, experience, and other information.
Instructions to Update Your Profile
- Go to the Faculty Finder homepage.
- Find your profile using the search feature.
- Scroll to the very bottom of your profile page and click Edit Profile in the left corner. Log in using your IDM username and password.
- Complete as much information as you are comfortable sharing online.
- Click Submit Updates and your changes will be live.
Update Your PeopleSoft Information
Different steps needs to be taken to update different fields:
- Office phone numbers can be updated directly in PeopleSoft by logging into HRMS Self-Service.
- Office address are updated by contacting Joanne Barstad in Human Resources at joanne.barstad@UND.edu.
- Titles need to be changed through your department's HR representative by completing a Position Request/Change Form to update functional titles.
- Department names are changed through Accounting Services. >List of Departments PeopleSoft
Only professional headshots are allowed in the directory. If needed, contact Jackie Lorentz, University Photographer at University & Public Affairs, to schedule a photo shoot or to request your headshot on record.