OmniUpdate was chosen to be the content management system (CMS) for the University in 2010 based on significant campus input and extensive research. After evaluating many products, UND chose OmniUpdate for these reasons:
- OmniUpdate was designed specifically for higher education and is used by more than 550 institutions (now well over 700.)
- Using OmniUpdate does not require FTP or HTML knowledge, or any special software. Its editor is much like Microsoft Word.
- Editing is done with a Web browser - meaning you can update your site anywhere, anytime as long as you have an Internet connection.
- It has a scalable, modular design that can handle hundreds of sites, thousands of users, and multiple user access groups.
- OmniUpdate continuously upgrades to meet industry accessibility and technology standards.
- The vendor provides ongoing support.
Since the launch of OmniUpdate in 2011, UND's 600 content developers have created more than 30,000 pages in OmniUpdate.
OmniUpdate Web pages are created with templates. There is some flexibility with layout; however styles are consistent to comply with UND Identity Guidelines and to allow the user to have a smooth transition between UND websites.
OmniUpdate is a free service to academic and administrative units, and those who are affiliates of UND. OmniUpdate is supported by the UND Web Team which is comprised of individuals from University & Public Affairs Marketing & Communication Group and North Dakota University System Core Technology Services.
Get started with your OmniUpdate website by submitting a request for Web space.