- Logging In
- Access Levels
- Workflow Tasks
- Website Guidelines
- Help Videos
- Files and Folders
- Upload Files
- About Navigation
Navigation can be difficult to create in the WYSIWYG Editor. It may be easiest to create and modify the navigation in the HTML code. Before creating navigation in the WYSIWYG Editor, watch this video.
- Check out the _nav.local.inc page.
- Click "Edit."
- Place your cursor where you would like navigation title(s) to appear.
- Type your navigation titles in the order you want them to appear. (The text will be in regular black text and all left aligned.)
- If you have subheadings under an expandable menu, highlight the subheading and click the unordered bullets list icon. The subheading should be indented now.
- To link the navigation titles, highlight a title and click the "Insert/Edit Link" icon. Under Link URL, click the "Browse" icon and find the page you want to link to. Click "Select File." Click "Insert." Repeat this step for each item in your local navigation.
- Note that you cannot link to expandable menu headings, only subheadings. For expandable menu subheadings, highlight the heading and click the "Insert/Edit Link" icon. Under Link URL, type your link's URL or browse to the page in OU. Go to the Class drop down menu and select "Expandable." Click "Insert."
- Make sure there are no paragraph tags on the page. For each item, place your cursor in the navigation title and look at the bottom of the editor. If it says p >> a go to the Format menu and select "Paragraph" to remove the paragraph tag. If it says "a", leave it as is.
- Save and publish the file.
- Preview your navigation menu on a published site page.