Main images are the 1034 px by 335-440 px images which can be placed beneath the UND banner and above where the content area starts.
- There are hundreds of images saved in -files-global/images/main-images that can be used by any UND OU user. To submit your own image as a main header, contact Tera Buckley, Web Managing Editor, 701.777.4941. You must provide your image via email for approval before it will be available for your pages.
- All images must be exactly 1034 px wide but can vary in height. Most images are between 335 px and 440 px high. Please see example templates here: PSD File, PNG File.
- Recommended file size: 95 KB (max.)
- Recommended resolution: 72 dpi
- A certain portion of the image would be overlapped by the black banner, which has a height of 150 px. It is recommended to design the main images in a way that 150 px at the top does not contain anything significant which would be overlapped by the black banner. For example, do no have people or important text overlapped by the black banner.
Your image must be reviewed and approved by Tera Buckley before the following steps will work.
- Choose the page you want to the main image on and click on the "Props" icon next to the Edit button up top menu banner.
- Scroll down to the Configuration Parameters section. Under Main Image, choose Yes from the drop down menu.
- Click the "Select a file..." option visible in front of the section Main Image Locate and select your desired picture.
- Click "Save." See Screenshot
Image Compression Tools
The following tools compress images for the Web without affecting their quality. Please optimize all images before uploading them to OU.
Online (all types): Smush.it
Mac (all types): ImageOptim
Windows (all types): Image Resizer
Windows (JPEG): The JPEG Reducer
Windows (PNG): PNGGuantlet