- Logging In
- Access Levels
- Workflow Tasks
- Website Guidelines
- Help Videos
- Files and Folders
- Upload Files
- About Navigation
Images, documents, and media need to be uploaded to the Production Server before they can be added to your website on the Staging Server. The Production Server will store files that you do not want to edit in OU.
- Name the files with only lowercase letters, numbers or hyphens. File names should be descriptive enough to be found by others without being too long. It is best not to use acronyms.
- Optimize all files (decrease the file size) according to web standards. It is best to resize your photos outside of OU and upload them in the correct pixel size to be used on your page.
- 300 pixels wide is a common size for on-page images.
- 1034 pixels by 335 pixels is a recommended size for main header images.
Instructions for Uploading
- In the full page view, click the "Production" tab in the upper right corner.
- Select the _files folder in your directory. In in _files folder, there are typically three folders. Select the file folder that fits the media you want to download.
- audio-video (HTML 5, Video, Flash, Quicktime, Shockwave, Windows Media, and Real Media)
- docs (PDF files)
- images (JPEG format is recommended. Use PNG for images with a transparent background.)
- Click the button in the upper right corner to upload your files to the Production folder.
- Click "Browse" to find the individual files you want to upload. If the file appears as green, it is named properly and in the right format for OU. If it appears as red, it will not upload.
- When you are finished selecting files, click .
- To use the uploaded files on your page, return to the Staging Server by clicking on the Staging tab.