Enroll Anytime for the Nutrition Fundamentals Course
- Designed for individuals with an associate or bachelor's degree, with applicable experience, meeting the ANFP requirements for 'Pathway II, III(a) or V.'
- Up to 6 Months to Complete. There are no refunds.
- One six-month extension for a fee is available if needed.
- Course cost is $225, which includes tuition and online learning materials.
- With independent study courses you can enroll anytime and work at your own pace.
Wondering if online learning is right for you? Take our quiz to find out.
Certification Course Overview
This course is designed to fulfill one of the three required courses on a transcript for individuals with a 2 or 4 year college degree in foodservice management, or a related degree such as culinary arts or hotel-restaurant management with applicable required experience, who meet ANFP's requirement for exam eligibility under Pathway II, III(a) or V. Individuals wanting to meet the exam eligibility requirements to take and pass the national credentialing examination to become a Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional (CDM, CFPP) should consider this course.
Improve nutrition and medical nutrition therapy knowledge and skills by reading the lesson materials, accompanying textbook readings, vocabulary exercises, and practice quizzes.
At the conclusion of the course, students will have submitted five lessons for grading and take a 100 point exam. Those scoring 70% or better on this exam have successfully completed this course, and are prepared to register for the national credentialing examination.
Throughout the Nutrition Fundamentals course you will:
- Read assigned textbook chapters.
- Read and review the lesson discussion materials and readings in five lessons.
- Practice vocabulary.
- Review PowerPoint summaries of lesson materials for each textbook chapter.
- Take the multiple choice quiz in each lesson, with required 70% or better score.
- Complete 6-7 required assignments in each lesson, which are submitted to your instructor.
- Have access to all of your course materials online, except for the required ANFP textbook.