Foodservice Management I
Enroll Anytime for Foodservice Management I
- Designed for individuals with an associate or bachelor's degree, with applicable experience, meeting the CBDM requirements for 'Pathway II, III(a) or V.'
- Up to 6 Months to Complete. There are no refunds.
- One six-month extension for a fee is available if needed.
- With independent study courses you can enroll anytime and work at your own pace.
- Course cost is $250, which includes tuition and online learning materials.
Wondering if online learning is right for you? Take our quiz to find out.
Certification Course Overview
This course is designed to fulfill one of the three required courses on a transcript for individuals with a 2 or 4 year college degree in foodservice management, or a related degree such as culinary arts or hotel-restaurant management with applicable required experience, who meet CBDM's requirement for exam eligibility under Pathway II, III(a) or V. Individuals wanting to meet the exam eligibility requirements to take and pass the CDM Credentialing Exam to become a Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional (CDM, CFPP) should consider this course.
Improve foodservice management and sanitation and food safety knowledge and skills by reading the lesson materials, accompanying textbook readings, vocabulary exercises, and practice quizzes.
During this course, students will complete four lessons and one 100 point exam. Those scoring 70% or better on these exams, and successfully completed the course and all lessons, will be prepared to register for the CDM Credentialing Exam - as long as the requirement for two foodservice management courses is met.
Throughout this course you will:
- Read assigned textbook chapters.
- Read and review the lesson discussion materials and readings in four lessons.
- Practice vocabulary.
- Review PowerPoint summaries of lesson materials for each textbook chapter.
- Take the multiple choice quiz in each lesson.
- Complete 6-7 required assignments in each lesson, which are submitted to your instructor.
- Have access to all of your course materials online, except for the required ANFP textbook.