Pathway III(b) - How Independent Study Works
Independent Study Courses – Anytime, Anywhere Learning
Independent Study Courses – Anytime, Anywhere Learning with UND's Pathway III Dietary Manager Training offered in an independent online study format, you can study to be a Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional (CDM, CFPP) without leaving your job or sacrificing time with family.
With independent study courses, you can:
- enroll anytime
- take up to 12 months to complete your course
- learn at your own pace
- complete lessons on your own schedule
- pick your preferred time and place for studying
You can work at your own pace from the comfort of your own home. And the best part...You don't have to wait to get started!
When you take an online course, you should feel comfortable with online learning and technology and have access to the appropriate equipment.
All assignments are required to be submitted as Microsoft Word documents.
Before enrolling in an online course, ask yourself if you can:
- access computers that meet the minimum technical requirements, as you will receive all of your information online
- send, receive and attach documents to your lesson submissions
- navigate computer screens and the Internet easily
- create, save, retrieve, and browse computer files
- download media players, software plug-ins and other free software available on the Internet
Depending on your course, additional computer skills may be required.