With UND's online LabVIEW course offered in an independent study, online format, you can study the methods and techniques used in LabVIEW programming. You can work at your own pace from the comfort of your own home to complete the coursework.
With independent study courses, you can:
- enroll at any time
- learn at your own pace
- complete lessons on your own schedule
- pick your preferred time and place for studying
Independent Study Requires Discipline and Commitment
Before enrolling in an independent study course, ask yourself:
- Do you work well on your own or do you prefer to learn with other students?
- Are you the kind of person who sticks to schedules?
- Do you have good reading comprehension skills?
- Do you have good written communication skills?
- Are you self-motivated? Will you complete the work without anyone there to push you?
Keep in mind, our staff is committed to distance learning and is available to help via email or phone 701.777.0488.
Technical RequirementsYou must verify your computer equipment meets the minimum technical requirements needed for an online course. Technical requirements are subject to change without notice.
From time to time, you might have questions or need technical assistance. Extended hours of technical support are provided for all of our online students through chat.
Are you Comfortable with Technology?
If you take an online course, you should feel comfortable with technology and online learning; and have access to the appropriate equipment.
Before enrolling in an online course, ask yourself if you can:
- access computers that meet the minimum technical requirements
- send, receive and attach documents to an email
- navigate computer screens and the Internet easily
- create, save, retrieve and browse for computer files
- download media players, software plug-ins and other free software available on the Web
Depending on your course, additional computer skills may be required.General Technical Requirements
Although specific technical requirements may vary by online course or program, the following general technical requirements are required for all online courses.
- Active Email Account
- Current Operating System: Windows or Mac
- Internet Connection: DSL/Cable (recommended)
- A wireless or satellite connection should not be used for taking exams/quizzes and is not recommended for "Live" Web classes
- Current Internet Browser: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari
- Word Processing Software: Microsoft Word (recommended)
- Additional Free Software Downloads (as necessary)
For more specific information about technical requirements, refer to the University Information Technology (UIT), your course syllabus (available approximately 1 week prior to your course start date), or contact your instructor.
For questions about the LabVIEW Course content please contact: email@example.com
For questions about registering for the course please contact: UND.courses@UND.edu