Current Student Information
You will be emailed a username and password within 2 to 3 days after your registration is processed to access your online classroom.
Your syllabus, lessons, grades, etc. will be accessible through your online classroom and you will complete your entire course online.
There are no refunds after registering for this course. If you’d like to withdraw from this course, without receiving a refund, please complete our withdrawal form.
At the successful completion of your course, you will receive a certificate of completion from the University of North Dakota, suitable for framing. You will need a copy of this certificate to obtain your real estate license number from the North Dakota Real Estate Commission or to prove you completed your annual CE hours.
Please watch for your certificate. This certificate will be sent to the address we have on file for you, based upon your registration form or any updated Change of Address forms we may have received during your enrollment. You may update your contact information including your address now – prior to the completion of your course.
If your address has changed, and you have not notified UND of this change; or you lose your certificate and desire a duplicate or replacement, there is a $25.00 fee for this service. Please visit the Change of Address form to update your contact information. You may also email your name, student order number, and updated contact information to: UND.courses@UND.edu to avoid the need for a duplicate certificate.
To request your duplicate certificate, please call: Jennifer at 701.777.6964, and have your credit card ready to make your payment by phone.
If you have a change of mailing or email address, please complete Change of Address Form as soon as possible. If you have provided us with an email, all of your correspondence will take place over email. UND is not responsible for information that was unable to be delivered due to an inactive or changed email address.
This ensures you will continue to receive course information from UND Online & Distance Education without delay.
Step 1 - Review Proctor Policy
Proctors are individuals approved by UND's Office of Extended Learning to supervise examinations. Proctors have the responsibility of facilitating fairness and integrity during testing situations.
Exam information will be noted on the course syllabus. You need to designate an approved proctor to administer exams at a location near you.
Students must first receive permission from an individual before designating him or her as their proctor. Please note that students are responsible to pay for any fees that proctors may charge for their services.
Students must complete a Request for Exam Form at least 3 - 5 business days prior to an online exam, or 7 - 10 business days for a paper exam.
Approved proctors CAN be:
- Proctor U (available for online exams - for a fee)
- School or Public Librarians
- Educational Administrators (principal/superintendent/healthcare educator)
- Local College Testing Center Staff
- Adult Learning Centers
- Guidance Counselors
- Commanding Officers
- Military Education Officers or Embassy Education Officers
Proctors may NOT be:
- Direct Supervisors
- Direct Reports / Employees
- Colleagues at Same Level
- Personal Tutors
- Proctors must administer the exam within 2 weeks at their school or place of business; never at the proctor or student’s home.
- Proctors must verify the identity of the student (with a photo ID such as a driver’s license) and read all of the exam instructions to the student before he or she begins the exam.
- Proctors will receive a password for the online exam. Do not give the student the password for online exams. Students are not allowed to open any browsers or computer files during an online exam. Do not print the exams unless specifically stated in the exam instructions.
- Proctors must closely monitor the student until he or she is finished with the exam and make sure the student does not leave the room, except for an emergency.
- Students cannot take the exam with books, notes, or reference aids of any kind unless specified in the exam instructions. Students cannot attempt by any means (e.g., by using a cell phone camera or other electronic device) to copy any part of the exam.
- If the requested proctor is unable to proctor the exam, contact us at und.courses@UND.edu or 701.777.0488. Proctors should not transfer the exam to another person or to the student.
- If the student is suspected of cheating, please contact us as soon as possible at 701.777.0488.
Step 2 - Designate a Proctor and Request Exam
Receive permission from the individual you wish to designate as your proctor. Make sure you agree upon a date, time and location (must be at the proctor's work address) for you to take your exam.
For students living outside of the United States, exams conducted in other countries must be administered ONLY at an English-speaking testing center or learning center.
Enter your proctor and exam information into the Request for Exam Form.
Upon receipt of your Request for Exam Form, UND's Office of Extended Learning will verify and approve/disapprove your designated proctor. UND reserves the right to accept or reject any proctor recommendation.
Upon approval, your proctor will be sent your exam information. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for the processing of exam requests. You will be notified by email when the exam information has been sent to your proctor.
Step 3 - Complete Your Exam
Verify the exam appointment with your proctor. You must take your exam at your proctor’s work address within 2 weeks after the proctor receives it.
To take the exam, you must show your driver’s license or a government-issued photo ID card to your proctor.
If your exam is not taken within 2 weeks, your proctor will notify our office.
Can I Retake my Exam?
This exam tests your comprehension of the entire course. Your score on this exam must be at least 70% in order to successfully complete the course. If you do not pass the Final Exam, you are eligible for two exam retakes. Retakes are $25 each. Please apply for a retake through the Exam Retake Form.
You have 3 months to complete your course.
If you need more time, you may purchase a maximum of two 3-month extensions for $50 per extension. Your 3-month extension will start from your original completion date.
To purchase an extension, please complete the Extension Request Form.
If you do not purchase an extension prior to your original 3-month completion date, your course will be canceled. If you want to re-enroll, you will need to contact und.courses@UND.edu or call 701.777.0488 for information on continuing your course.
- Lessons are in consecutive, numerical order, you will not be able to access the next lesson until you've successfully completed the current item.
- All lessons must be completed in order to receive a grade.
- All lessons are submitted online through the learning management system.
- Specific instructions are provided in your course syllabus, found in the learning management system.