You must verify your computer equipment meets the minimum technical requirements needed for an online course. Technical requirements are subject to change without notice.
From time to time, you might have questions or need technical assistance. Extended hours of technical support are provided for all of our online students through chat.
Are you comfortable with technology?
If you take an online course, you should feel comfortable with technology and online learning; and have access to the appropriate equipment.
Before enrolling in an online course, ask yourself if you can:
- access computers that meet the minimum technical requirements
- send, receive and attach documents to an email
- navigate computer screens and the Internet easily
- create, save, retrieve and browse for computer files
- download media players, software plug-ins and other free software available on the Web
Depending on your course, additional computer skills may be required.
General Technical Requirements
Although specific technical requirements may vary by online course or program, the following general technical requirements are required for all online courses.
- Active Email Account
- Current Operating System: Windows or Mac (Chromebooks are not supported)
- Internet Connection: DSL/Cable (recommended)
- A wireless or satellite connection should not be used for taking exams/quizzes and is not recommended for "Live" Web classes
- Current Internet Browser: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari
- Word Processing Software: Microsoft Word (recommended)
- Additional Free Software Downloads (as necessary)