Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $289.42/Credit (No Fees)
For this course, you will be required to assemble a 3 person live audience for each speech.
Learn about the theory and practice of public speaking with emphasis on:
- critical evaluation of messages
Additional emphasis is placed on student performance stressing original thinking, effective organization and direct communication of ideas.
Public speaking is one of the most important forms of communication. To deliver an effective speech, it is important that you command the audience’s attention and present yourself as a competent and credible speaker. The goal is for you to gain more confidence in communicating in public contexts.
- To understand how language and communication processes create communities.
- To understand the role of community and identity in how individuals see the world and how others see them.
- To understand the interactions of individuals, organizations, groups, and social movements and the conflicts and opportunities that can result.
- To use an ethical framework to analyze and address the communication problems and opportunities of individuals and groups.
A Pocket Guide to Public Speaking. O’Hair, Dan; Rubenstein, Hannah and Stewart, Rob. Fifth Edition.
- ISBN-10: 1457670402 or
- ISBN-13: 978-1457670404
Public Speaking Comm. 110 Workbook. Haselrud Opp, Cary and Kartoshkina. Twenty-seventh edition. UND PUBLICATION.
You will also need to assemble a 3 person live audience for each speech.
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete:
- 10 Lessons
- 0 Exams