Enroll Anytime FAQs

We're fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and positioned with Stanford, Harvard and Berkeley among the Top 25 Most Innovative Schools. For more information, visit our Accreditation page.

Yes. UND’s Enroll Anytime courses have similar course content and rigor as traditional courses. They are written and taught by UND faculty members.

Enroll Anytime and online, semester-based courses are both college courses you can complete from anywhere at anytime. You can also review materials as many times as you want. With both course formats, you will receive in-state tuition regardless of where you live.

However, there are differences between Enroll Anytime and online, semester-based courses:

Enroll Anytime Courses

Enroll Anytime courses are self-paced college courses you complete when, where and how you want. With these courses, you can:

  • enroll at any time and take up to 9 months to complete your course
  • complete courses in an online or correspondence by mail format
  • learn independently at your own pace
  • complete lessons/exams on your own schedule

Open enrollment, Enroll Anytime courses that do not follow the semester schedule do not qualify for financial aid or military tuition assistance through the DoD.

Semester-Based Online Courses

Online, semester-based courses are online classes that follow the semester’s schedule for completing lessons and exams. For most courses, you are not required to attend class at a set time. Some instructors may have set times for “live” Web discussions, which means that you may need to log on at a specific time.

With online, semester-based courses, you can:

  • Enroll in and complete your courses based on semester timelines
  • Complete courses online using web-based tools
  • Interact with your instructor and other students through a virtual classroom
  • Complete lessons and exams by set deadlines during the semester
  • Use financial aid toward the tuition of your courses

Yes. You can enroll in both course types at the same time and both course formats can be used to complete your degree from the University of North Dakota. Keep in mind that there are differences between Enroll Anytime and online, semester-based courses, including registration deadlines and processes, eligibility for financial aid, ordering textbooks, time to complete and other important policies.

In order to take Enroll Anytime courses offered online, you must be admitted to the University of North Dakota.

If you are not currently admitted to UND, you have two options. Regardless of which option you choose, you will need to show proof of English proficiency if you are not a U.S. citizen.

Option 1

To register for up to 15 credits as a non-degree status, simply click on the "Register Now" button and follow the check out process.

Tuition and a $35 (U.S. funds) non-refundable admission fee are due at the time of enrollment.

Option 2

If you are a degree-seeking student and plan to register for more than 15 credits, you must apply for full admission to the University of North Dakota.  

Please visit Office of Admissions for undergraduate admission requirements and application forms.


The transfer of credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions.

Please check with your institution to verify if the course(s) will apply toward your degree.


You may enroll in up to 4 courses at a time. For your academic success, we recommend that you take no more than 2 courses at the same time. 

No. Open-enrollment, Enroll Anytime courses that do not follow the semester schedule do not qualify for federal or state financial aid.

If you are enrolled in a combination of semester-based courses and open-enrollment, Enroll Anytime courses, only your semester-based course enrollment will be considered for federal or state financial aid programs.

Private Education Loans

You may apply for private education loans to assist with your educational expenses.


Refer to the Course at a Glance page or your course syllabus for a list of required textbooks. If textbooks are required, you should order them at the same time you enroll so you may begin your course promptly.

The cost of textbooks is not included in your course tuition. You may order your textbooks through the University Bookstore or through the textbook provider of your choice. To order through the University Bookstore on the Grand Forks campus, call toll free at 866.791.4888 or order online.

To order online:

  1. Go to: University Bookstore
  2. Click on "Books"
  4. The "Term" of your course will be CORR/PROF DEVELOPMENT.
  5. Select the "Department" of your course.
  6. Select your "Course" by TITLE or COURSE #.
  7. Select your "Section" as ALL.
  8. Follow the checkout process.

The system will prompt you to register, which allows you to revisit your order if you need to make a change.

Your textbooks can be shipped to you, or you may pick them up at the University Bookstore in Grand Forks, ND.

IMPORTANT! You cannot place your order or pay for your textbooks through UND Online & Distance Education.


You have the option of taking courses for letting grading or S/U grading. During the registration process, you will be enrolled in the course for letter grading. To change your grading option, submit the Request to Change Grading Option  to UND Online & Distance Education prior to submitting 2/3 of the lessons.

Letter grading includes the traditional grading scale A through F, with grade points (on a 4.0 scale) calculating into your grade point average. S/U grading only uses grades of Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory, and in most cases does not calculate into your grade point average.

For more information about grading options, please refer to the UND Academic Catalog.


For information on taking exams and proctors, please visit our exams page.

For students living outside of the United States, exams conducted in other countries must be administered ONLY at an English-speaking testing center or learning center.

If you need more time, you may apply for a 3-month extension for $50.00 prior to your 9 month completion date. Only 1 extension is allowed.

The letter I for incomplete will be permanently noted on your transcript.

If you do not withdraw, get an extension, or complete the course within 9 months, a failing grade will be permanently recorded on your transcript.


If UND receives your Withdrawal Request Form 1 to 30 calendar days after your registration date, you will be refunded 100% of the course tuition. No record or academic penalty will be recorded on your transcript.

If UND receives your Withdrawal Request Form 31 to 60 calendar days after your registration date, you will be refunded 50% of the course tuition. A W will be recorded on your transcript.

No refunds are available if UND receives your Withdrawal Request Form 61+ calendar days after your registration date. A W will be recorded on your transcript.

If you do not withdraw, get an extension, or complete the course within 9 months, a failing grade will be permanently recorded on your transcript. If you wish to withdraw, you must do so prior to submitting your final lesson or exam.

Note: The 1-time UND Admission Fee of $35 is non-refundable.

Disability Services for Students (DSS) provides reasonable accommodations to eligible UND students, including distance students. Accommodations are individualized to address specific functional limitations resulting from a disability.

You must be an admitted UND student before applying for accommodations with Disability Services for Students. You are encouraged to apply for accommodations IMMEDIATELY after being admitted to UND and registering for distance courses in order to facilitate DSS's ability to provide accommodations in a timely manner.