Online Calculus Course
- Math 112 OR completion of Math 107 with a grade of a C or better OR Math Placement Exam score
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $289.42/Credit (No Fees)
This mathematics course will cover:
- Mean Value Theorem
- Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
This math course covers topics typical for a Calculus I course. The main topics covered are limits, differentiation, using derivates to solve problems and an introduction to integration.
- Velocities and Tangent Lines
- Guessing Limits Numerically
- The Limit Laws
- Derivatives and Rates of Change
- The Derivative as a Function
- Differentiation Formulas and Derivatives of Trigonometric Functions
- The Chain Rule
- Exam I
- Implicit Differentiation
- Related Rates Problems
- Linear Approximation
- Maximum and Minimum Values
- The Mean Value Theorem and How Derivatives Affect the Shapes of Graphs
- Limits at Infinity and Horizontal Asymptotes
- Summary of Curve Sketching
- Optimization Problems
- Exam II
- Areas and Distances
- The Definite Integral
- The Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
- The Substitution Rule
- Areas Between Curves
- Volumes by Cylindrical Shells
- Exam III
Mandatory Stewart, J. (2011). Single Variable Calculus (7th ed). ISBN 0538497831. Be sure not to use a text with the subtitle “Early Transcendentals.” It will not work.
Recommended Stewart, J. (20011). Student Solutions Manual for Stewart's Single Variable Calculus. ISBN: 0840049498. This manual gives detailed solutions to the odd numbered problems in the text. It is optional, but it is a wise investment.
There is a longer version of the textbook containing the material for Calculus I, II and III. If you plan on taking Calculus III, you may want to consider purchasing the text containing the chapters for all three courses.
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete:
- 24 Lessons
- 3 Proctored Exams
For students living outside of the United States, exams conducted in other countries must be administered ONLY at an English-speaking testing center or learning center.