Taking an online class at UND is easy, just follow these steps.
Verify Course Information
- Check on course prerequisites: these must be completed PRIOR to submitting your registration
- Work with your academic advisor to verify if the course will apply to your degree program
- Review any information you wish to know regarding course delivery
- Check on any technical requirements for taking an online course
- Look for required textbooks (see "Course at a Glance") and order them at the same time you enroll (see "FAQs" for ordering information)
Decide When to Enroll
You may enroll at any time and have 3 to 9 months to complete your course, but the credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register. Keep in mind that UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the course is registered and recorded on your transcript.
For registrations received between:
- 4-7-18 and 7-13-18 = 2018 Summer Semester
- 7-14-18 and 11-9-18 = 2018 Fall Semester
- 11-10-18 and 4-5-19 = 2019 Spring Semester
You can expect to receive your course materials within 3 to 5 days after your registration is fully processed.
*Exception: If you are a UND student on academic probation and only taking open enrollment, independent
study courses, you are required to successfully complete at least 1 independent study
course in the same semester you registered.
If you have not been previously admitted to UND, you will be assessed a 1-time, non-refundable application fee of $35 (U.S. funds). You may take up to 15 credits as a non-degree-seeking student; beyond 15 credits you would then need to get fully admitted to UND. To register for this course, click on the Register Now button below.
If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will need to show proof of English proficiency in order to enroll in any UND course.
Ready to Enroll
Once these steps are complete, click the Register Now button on the class for which you wish to enroll.