You must verify your computer equipment meets the minimum technical requirements needed for an online course.
Technical requirements are subject to change without notice.
From time to time, you might have questions or need technical assistance. Visit technical support for more information.
If you take an online course, you should feel comfortable with technology and online learning; and have access to the appropriate equipment.
Before enrolling in an online course, ask yourself if you can:
- Access computers that meet the minimum technical requirements
- Send, receive and attach documents to an email
- Navigate computer screens and the Internet easily
- Create, save, retrieve and browse for computer files
- Download media players, software plug-ins and other free software available on the Web
Depending on your course, additional computer skills may be required.
Although specific technical requirements may vary by online course or program, the following general technical requirements are required for all online courses.
- Active Email Account
- Current Operating System: Windows or Mac
- Internet Connection: DSL/Cable (recommended)
- A wireless or satellite connection should not be used for taking exams/quizzes and is not recommended for "Live" Web classes
- Current Internet Browser: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari
- Word Processing Software: Microsoft Word (recommended)
- Additional Free Software Downloads (as necessary)
For more specific information about technical requirements, refer to the UND Center for Instructional & Learning Technologies (CILT), your course syllabus (available approximately 1 week prior to your course start date), or contact your instructor.