About Academic Affairs
The Provost is the University's Chief Academic Officer.
Under the President, the Provost is responsible for the creation and implementation of the academic priorities for the University and for the allocation of resources that will support those priorities.
The Provost works closely with the Academic Deans, department heads, student services professionals, faculty and staff to provide the highest possible quality of educational programs. An important part of the Provost's job is also to ensure that we recruit, retain, encourage and support an outstanding and diverse faculty; each of whom will make positive contributions to the University and to their discipline in the areas of teaching, scholarship and service.
Dr. Thomas DiLorenzo became UND's provost and vice president for academic affairs in May 2013.
Our mission is to provide strategic vision, leadership, and support for academic excellence and integrity to further the university's academic mission through outstanding teaching and learning, cutting-edge scholarly and creative activity, and meaningful service to the public.
Our office facilitates the university's mission through academic and curricular planning, and partners with academic faculty, staff, and programs across the university to:
- Provide an exciting, imaginative, and rigorous learning experience for every UND student.
- Provide support for faculty promotion and tenure processes.
- Offer and promote faculty development and leadership opportunities.
- Foster faculty innovation, achievement, and recognition for teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Promote the assessment of student learning.
- Partner with campus stakeholders to recruit, retain, and support a distinguished and diverse faculty.
- Champion the educational benefits of diverse intellectual viewpoints and backgrounds.
Our office values accountability, collaboration, inclusivity, integrity, transparency, and continuous improvement.