Become a Tutor
Interested in becoming a tutor?
If you are feeling the call to help your fellow students, we would love to have you join our team.
Tutors assist students in understanding course material, identifying strengths and areas of improvement regarding the content of the coursework, and study strategies. Tutors also guide students through class assignments and exam prep while answering their questions on the subject.
We provide each tutor training in order to become internationally certified through the College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA) to help not only develop tutoring skills but to learn skills that can be transferable to other jobs as well.
- Starting pay of $10.00 per hour plus the opportunity to earn more with CRLA Training Certification
- Work Study eligible position
- Contribute to the success of other students on campus
- Flexible schedule
- Learn and develop skills that will help with career development
- Meet new people
- Proof of understanding of course material, evidenced by a minimum grade of a B in the course (or equivalent coursework) in the subject(s) you will be tutoring
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Two (2) recommendations, of which one needs to be obtained from a faculty member teaching the subject you hope to tutor in.
Depending on tutoring needs, we are always looking to hire new tutors throughout the semester. However, preferences will be given to aspiring tutors applying 2 weeks prior to the start of each term.
Sorry, we are not hiring at this time, but we'd still like to hear from you! Please let us know of your interest in becoming a tutor by completing the below form.
Be on the lookout for future position openings. If you do not see any openings, let us know that you are interested, and we can keep you in mind for when openings are available.
We'd Like to Hear from You!
Please let us know if you are interested in becoming a tutor. Fill out this brief form and we will be in contact with you about your interest and if we have any open tutoring positions.
For Faculty: Recommend a Student as a Tutor
Please let us know if you have a rockstar student that would be a good fit as a tutor and would be interested in tutoring for your course. Remember that students will have to at least meet the minimum requirements above. Please fill out this brief form and we will be in contact with you about the student that you have recommended.