Peer Led Review Sessions
Peer Led Review Sessions are designed to review, reinforce, and study material taught in your class.
Working closely with the instructors for these courses, weekly peer led review sessions are open to all that are in the class, and will be led by one of our tutors who will help you understand topics discussed in class. Tutors will provide guidance with homework, answer questions about course material, and work on test/exam preparation. We encourage every student in these courses to attend each week to maximize your grade potential.
Starting early on in your course will help you establish good studying habits and can help make you more comfortable with material. Sessions usually last about 60 minutes, and are based on a specific course and professor.
Spring 2021 Peer Led Review Session Schedule
Peer Led Review Sessions for the spring 2021 semester will begin on Sunday, January 24, 2021.
Please note, Peer Led Review Sessions will not be offered on the following UND holidays:
- Monday, January 18, 2021 in observation of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Monday, February 15, 2021 in observation of President's Day
- Monday, March 15 - Friday, March 19, 2021 for Spring Break
- Friday, April 2 - Monday, April 5, 2021 for Holiday Break
Biology Peer Led Review Session Schedule
All biology peer led review sessions are for BIOL 151.
|Dr. Carmichael / Dr. Felege||Sunday||7 - 8 p.m.||JOIN SESSION||Tom|
Chemistry Peer Led Review Session Schedule
What to Expect for Peer Led Review Sessions
- Students can expect to have a set time each week in the courses we offer to focus course material, questions and review for exams that will be led by one of our tutors. This will be course and or instructor specific and information being covered in these sessions will be aligned with what was taught in the class.
- Peer Led Review sessions will be offered via Zoom. Students can click the Zoom link next to their desired course. After that students will register for the session and be placed into a waiting room. The tutor leading the session will admit students in.
- Course material will be presented in these sessions so make sure that you have your notes and other course materials to help you follow along.
- During these sessions, the tutor will be leading the participants in a variety of ways through course material, questions, and practice problems all aimed at helping students learn and prepare for upcoming exams.
- This will be a very casual learning environment and so students are not required to bring in questions. Video is also not required. Participation is encouraged to get the most out of these sessions.
- After your visit you will receive an email for evaluating your tutoring session. Please let us know how we did so we can fix any issues and continue to build our tutoring program to help you be successful.