Instructions for Syncing Your Calendars
In order for your Outlook calendar to sync with your Starfish calendar, the UND Starfish account must have access to your Outlook calendar and mailbox.
Step 1 - Outlook Settings
Submit a ticket to University IT and in this ticket, give permission to allow Starfish and Outlook to read each other. You can still use the Starfish calendar without this access; however, without it, your Starfish and Outlook calendars won’t sync with each other.
Step 2 - Starfish Office Hours
Set up your office hours in Starfish. Instructions can be found in the User's Guide.
Step 3 - Starfish Settings
- Click on your name on the top of the left Navigation panel and select the Appointment Preferences tab.
- Scroll to Calendar Preferences.
- Uncheck the ‘Change to my Office Hours/Group Sessions’ box if you do not want your entire office hour blocks to show up on your Outlook calendar.
- Check ‘Read busy times from my external Outlook calendar’ box. If you receive an error message, this means that your Outlook account has not yet been tagged (Step 1). Once it is tagged, check this box again. The instructions within "Click here for further instructions" do not apply to UND.
- Click the Submit button to change your changes.
Step 4 - Calendar Managers
- To add student assistants as calendar managers for your Starfish calendar, please submit a request form.
- Too add staff as calendar managers, they must first have a role in Starfish. Please reference the Access to/Removal to Starfish tab below. Once the individual has a role in Starfish, instructions for adding a calendar manager can be found in the Instruction Manual at the bottom of this page.
Managing Your Starfish Calendar
This document provides guidance on setting up your office hours in Starfish, making appointments with students, and documenting outcomes. It is intended for staff members who will manage a calendar in Starfish to make, edit, and document student meetings.