YuJa is a video platform that allows users to host video content and record video lectures that can be used as part of curriculum deployment. Read our recently added FAQ section.
Accessing YuJa - Follow these steps to log in to Yuja through a Blackboard site to create your account with the appropriate permissions and storage.
- Getting Started Guide for Instructors
- Getting Started Guide for Students
- Allow Students to Publish to a Course Channel
To learn more about YuJa, register to attend a training session or view the recorded training sessions below:
- Organizing and managing your YuJa videos
- YuJa lecture capture software and linking your Yuja content into Blackboard
Creating a Recording
Just Released - Recording Audio Confidence Monitor for Windows - A new Recording Toolbar is available that provides a built-in audio confidence monitor with the ability to configure how the toolbar appears including the option to always show the Recording Toolbar while logged in. To take advantage of this new feature, you will need to re-install the newest version of the YuJa client.
- Create a recording directly from YuJa web portal - Found at UND.yuja.com (recommended for easier workflow)
- Create a recording with the YuJa Mashup tool in a Blackboard site
Deploying a Recording
- YuJa Media Chooser (Embedded Media through Blackboard Mashups)
- CIM Tool (recommended for most robust viewing analytics)
- Course Channel
- Direct Links for use outside of Blackboard
- Please note that students are not able to publish their recordings to a course media channel by default. Review this article for instructions on Allowing Students to Publish to a Course in YuJa
Editing Existing Content
Content Storage and Deletion
- Downloading content from your YuJa media library to your local machine (for students and instructors)
- Allowing students to download recordings
- Deleting content from your YuJa media library and restoring content from the YuJa recycle bin
- Instructors are given 150 GB of total storage
- Students are given 10 GB of total storage
- As part of regular digital course material maintenance, we encourage instructors to only keep active course content for the current semester available in YuJa. This aids in avoiding references to redundant or outdated content. Content that you are no longer using should be downloaded and removed from YuJa If there is a need for extra space to store active course content, please submit a request for additional storage.
- Adding and Editing Captions in YuJa
- The YuJa Enterprise Video Platform also integrates with third-party human captioning services for both automated and manual workflows. If you need third-party captioning please contact us for more information.
YuJa's Exam Proctoring ensures the security of student exams taken from remote locations. Exam Proctoring also allows the instructor to provide tools to record video. The Proctor Recorder also ensures that the recording is only securely allocated to a centralized instructor folder which will avoid distribution of the exam recording by the student. To set up YuJa proctoring in your course, please follow these instructions.
YuJa Tutorials and Help Guides
Additional YuJa tutorials and help guides are available. Please note that some of the guides are referencing advanced features that are not required for general use of the product.
Can YuJa recordings be linked to a menu item in Blackboard similar to how Tegrity recordings were linked?
Yes. This can be done by creating a Course Channel in YuJa. To do this, the course instructor would add a YuJa Tool Link as a menu item in a Blackboard course. By clicking on this link, a Course Channel will be created in YuJa. Any content or recordings that is published to that Course Channel will be viewable by clicking on that menu item in Blackboard.
The YuJa Tool Link has been added and made available in the Blackboard course site. Why aren't students able to access the YuJa recordings for this course?
After adding the YuJa Tool Link to a Blackboard site, the course instructor must click on the link to create the Course Channel in YuJa. Once the Course Channel is created in YuJa, any videos that should be associated with the course must be published to the course channel in order for them to appear in the YuJa play list for students.
How can a YuJa recording be made available for download?
By default, all YuJa recordings are set as unavailable for viewers to download. Instructors can change this setting for each recording to allow viewers to download the recording by following these steps.
How can students share their YuJa recordings and content with the instructor and other students in the course?
The instructor can enable publishing to the Course Channel, so that students can publish their recordings to be viewed by others when clicking on the YuJa Tool Link in the course menu in Blackboard. Students can also use the mashup tool in Blackboard to attach a recording to an assignment.
When viewing a YuJa recording, the audio and video are out of sync. Is there a way to fix this?
If the audio and/or video appear to be delayed and not in sync with one another, the viewer should adjust the screen resolution on their computer to a different size.
When viewing a YuJa recording, the video is small. How can I view it in full screen?
If you receive the error message when attempting to play a YuJa video in full screen, “Full screen mode is unavailable in this context,” you will need to open the video in the external player. Please follow these instructions for opening in the External Player.