Congratulations, future UND Fighting Hawk!
Now that you're accepted, it's time to get started on the next steps for Summer & Fall 2018! You can also print a copy of this checklist.
After Being Admitted
To claim your NDUS Account:
- Go to UND.edu/claim.
- Find your student ID number (also known as your EMPLID) on your acceptance letter or by clicking on the "What is Your Student ID?" link.
- Once you have your student ID number, click on the "Claim Your Account" link.
- Follow the steps as indicated.
Once you've claimed your account, you won't have to go through the process again. Make sure that you keep your username (also referred to as your NDUS.identifier, which is typically firstname.lastname) and password in a safe and secure place.
If you have questions, contact the NDUS Help Desk at
1.866.457.6387 or go to helpdesk.ndus.edu.
Before you've registered for classes, please check the email you used on your admission application frequently for official communications from the University regarding financial aid, housing, confirming your enrollment, Orientation, course registration and more.
After you've registered for classes and claimed your NDUS account, please log in to your UND student email account.
Follow the directions for accessing your UND student email account:
- Review the login information under the Getting Started tab
- Get directions to set up your UND email on your smartphone or tablet under the Mobile Devices tab
If you have questions, contact UND Tech Support at 701.777.6305. When prompted, remain on the line to speak to a UND representative.
Campus Connection is the system that you'll use to apply for housing, pay your enrollment confirmation deposit, accept or decline financial aid awards, register for classes, pay your bill and more (see additional steps below).
After you've claimed your NDUS Account and have obtained your user ID and password, follow these steps to log in to Campus Connection:
- Go to Campus Connection.
- On the login page, enter your user ID (e.g., firstname.lastname) and password.
- Click Sign In.
Go to fafsa.gov to complete the 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) beginning October 1. You'll use your 2016 income taxes to prepare your FAFSA. Apply early as funding is not guaranteed through the February 1 priority date!
If you plan to take Summer 2018 courses, you'll need to complete the 2017-18 FAFSA and UND's Summer Financial Aid Request Form (available April 1) and take at least 6 credits to be eligible for summer financial aid.
If you're transferring and you've already completed the 2018-19 FAFSA at another school, you'll need to:
- Cancel any unprocessed aid from your current school.
- Add UND's school code to your 2017-18 FAFSA so it can be processed for summer financial aid.
UND's FAFSA school code is 003005.
If you have any questions, refer to the Applying for Aid website or contact UND One-Stop Student Services at 701.777.1234.
Note: Depending on when the FAFSA is received, newly accepted students will receive notice of financial aid awards beginning in February.
Scholarships & Waivers
If you meet the criteria and are accepted by the priority deadline of February 1 (freshmen) or April 15 (transfer students), you'll automatically be awarded one of UND's academic scholarships.
You'll receive notification of your UND scholarship award beginning in February.
Additional Scholarships & Waivers
You may be eligible for other scholarships and waivers that require separate application processes.
Note: You may accept non-UND scholarships without affecting your UND scholarships. (If you have a UND athletic scholarship, please contact the Athletic Department to determine if you can accept a non-UND scholarship.)
If you're a first-year freshman, you're required to live on campus for your first, full academic year or receive an approved exemption. Visit Housing to learn more about the campus living requirement and to research residence hall options.
After you've claimed your NDUS Account, visit Housing to find instructions for completing the online residence hall application in Campus Connection. The Housing application opens October 15.
A $60 non-refundable fee is due when you submit your application.
Apply early! Your priority for room assignment is based on the date you submit your application. The priority deadline is May 1.
Visit Housing to learn about affordable and conveniently located UND apartments, University Place and residence hall options for transfer students.
Note: The apartment application is not online and is separate from the residence hall application process described above.
If you're an incoming freshmen, you must confirm your enrollment for Summer or Fall 2018 by paying a $200 non-refundable deposit that's applied to your UND bill by the May 1 priority deadline.
You'll need to pay the full deposit before you'll be eligible to take the next steps toward being a UND student, including:
- Signing up for Orientation
- Registering for classes
- Receiving your housing room assignment
So it's very important to confirm your enrollment as soon as possible!
NOTE: If you're a transfer student, you will not need to pay this deposit.
- Required of all new freshmen who plan to enroll in classes for Summer or Fall 2018.
- Priority deadline is May 1.
- The $200 deposit is a down payment applied to future charges you'll incur on your UND bill (tuition, fees, etc.). It's not an additional charge.
- Non-refundable, but may be applied to future terms if you're unable to enroll for Summer or Fall 2018. Call 1.800.CALL.UND for details.
- If you're unable to pay the full amount at one time, you may pay in installments through the May 1 deadline.
- After you've claimed your NDUS Account, you can make your online payment through Campus Connection via e-check from a U.S.
bank (free service) or credit card (2.75% convenience fee). It may take up to 2 business days for the deposit to be processed.
- Refer to the How to Pay Your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit document for step-by-step instructions on paying your deposit in Campus Connection. You must claim your account before you can pay your deposit (see above).
- See Payment Options for alternative payment methods, including mailing a check (note Enrollment Confirmation Deposit in the memo) or FlyWire for international payments.
How To Video
Watch this video for step-by-step instructions for paying your confirmation deposit.
Note: If you're unable to pay the $200 deposit due to financial hardship, please contact the UND Office of Admissions at 1.800.CALL.UND or 701.777.3000.
After Paying Your Deposit
Prior to registering for classes, new students must submit the Mandatory Immunizations & TB Screening Form to UND Student Health Services.
Note: Students taking online courses only are not required to complete the form.
- MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella): 2 doses of MMR vaccine given after the 1st birthday and administered at least 28 days apart. Proof of birth prior to 1957 or positive blood titers for each disease will also be accepted in lieu of vaccination documentation.
- Meningitis: All students 21 years of age or younger are required to provide proof of 1 dose of a Meningococcal (Menactra/Menveo) vaccine given after the 16th birthday.
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Form: All students must complete the tuberculosis screening form. If the form indicates that you're at high risk for TB, you'll be required to have TB testing done or provide documentation of testing done within the U.S. in the past 6 months.
Documentation needs to be signed / stamped by a licensed health care provider. High school records will also be accepted.
Submit Your Documentation
1. Two business days after you've paid your enrollment confirmation deposit, you may access your myhealth.UND.edu to enter your immunizations and upload immunization information electronically.
2. The Mandatory Immunizations & TB Screening Form is also available to print and mail or fax to Student Health Services.
Note: If you're a non-degree-seeking student taking on-campus classes, it's best to submit your form by mail or fax.
If you have questions, contact Student Health Services at 701.777.4500 or 1.800.CALL.UND, ext. 4500.
Don't pay for college twice! Before you register for classes, it's very important that advisors are aware of any college-level credits you may have earned while you were in high school or college. If we don't have your official college transcripts, the credits you've already completed won't be transferred to UND.
Keep in mind the following:
- If you attended high school in North Dakota, you will not need to send us your college-level transcript if your school uses the eTranscript system. Contact your high school counselor to confirm this.
- High school transcripts do not include official information on college credits earned.
- High schools are not able to request college transcripts for you.
- You must ask the college or university from which you earned the credit to send your official transcripts directly to:
UND Office of Admissions
3501 University Ave Stop 8357
Grand Forks, ND 58202-8357
Note: Colleges and universities charge a minimal fee ($5 to $10) to provide official transcripts.
Advanced Placement (AP) Credits
In order for UND to apply Advanced Placement (AP) credits appropriately, please ask the College Board to send your scores directly to UND (1.888.225.5427 or apscore.collegeboard.org/scores).
College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) Credits
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) provides credit by passing appropriate CLEP Subject Exams. For more information, please contact UND Testing Services at 701.777.4157.
New Student Orientation
Make reservations to attend New Student Orientation from June 4 - July 12, 2018.
You'll get the opportunity to meet other new UND students, get registered for your classes and meet with faculty in your major.
IMPORTANT: You must pay your enrollment confirmation deposit 2 business days prior to being able to make your Orientation reservation.
Find you registration time in Campus Connection beginning Friday, March 30, 2018. Your registration time is based on the number of college credits you've completed. You may register for classes anytime on or after your registration date and time.
Within Campus Connection, view Enrollment Dates (right side of page) and click Details to find your registration date and time.
Contact Your Advisor
Prior to registering for classes, make an appointment with an academic advisor to discuss your course selection. If you're undecided, please contact the Student Success Center for an advising appointment at 701.777.2117 or email UND.ssc@UND.edu.
Freshman Taking Summer Courses
If you're a first-year freshman who plans to take Summer 2018 courses, please contact the Student Success Center at 701.777.2117 or UND.ssc@UND.edu to discuss your course selection for summer.
For advisement and course registration for your Fall 2018 semester, you're strongly encouraged to attend New Student Orientation.
If you're a transfer student, you'll need to make an individual advising appointment. It's helpful to have a printed copy of your transfer credit evaluation when speaking with your advisor. Within Campus Connection, click: My Academics > View My Transfer Credit Report to view and print your transfer credit evaluation.
- Declared Majors: Make an appointment with the appropriate academic department.
- Undeclared Majors: Contact the Student Success Center for an advising appointment at 701.777.2117 or UND.ssc@UND.edu.
Transfer Student Orientation
All transfer students are expected to complete our online Transfer Orientation in Blackboard. Students will also have the chance to visit campus for a more personalized transfer experience.
If you're a non-degree-seeking student who plans to enroll in fewer than 15 credits at UND, please contact the Student Success Center for an advising appointment at 701.777.2117 or email UND.ssc@UND.edu.
Sign the Financial Agreement
Prior to each semester, you must electronically sign the Financial Obligation Agreement in Campus Connection before you'll be able to register for classes. Within Campus Connection, click Financial Obligation Agreement.
Register for Classes
Registration for classes is based on your registration time. Follow these steps to register for classes within Campus Connection:
- Select Academics > Enroll.
- Select Continue.
- You can search for classes two ways: by Class Number or Class Search.
- You must ALWAYS check out through your shopping cart to fully enroll in classes.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to search for classes, visit One-Stop Student Services.
Please email onestop@UND.edu or call 701.777.1234 if you have questions.
After Registering for Classes
If you want to park a vehicle on campus, you must purchase a virtual parking permit online through Campus Connection. For complete details about parking, visit the UND Parking Office.
Parking permits are available for purchase 2 business days after enrolling in classes. Permits for the new parking year are valid from August 16, 2018 to August 15, 2019.
- Log in to Campus Connection.
- Change the Internet settings on your browser to accept cookies. Instructions are listed in Campus Connection.
- Select Self Service > Parking.
- Select University of North Dakota.
- Select Purchase Permits.
- Follow prompts and select the appropriate virtual permit type and payment method.
After you register for your classes, visit the UND Bookstore to find out which books or other materials you may need. You have the option to buy or rent textbooks, new or used, from the UND Bookstore.
You can also visit the UND Bookstore website to find your textbooks online. When you purchase your textbooks online, you can have them shipped to your residence or pick them up at the store.
You may use financial aid to charge your books at the UND Bookstore between the following dates:
- Summer: April 9 - May 30, 2018
- Fall: June 4 - August 30, 2018
UND Tech Support provides a wide range of hardware and software support for all UND students.
Our onsite support technicians are available to help you with a variety of services, including:
- New computer purchase recommendations
- Computer setup and software installation
- Diagnosis and repair of issues with hardware
- Apple Authorized Service Provider
- Limited PC warranty repair and more
Visit UND Tech Support and click the Computer Purchases tab for details.
As a UND student, you'll receive Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for free, which includes Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Outlook and more.
You may install Office 365 ProPlus on a maximum of 5 home or personally-owned PCs / Macs and on a maximum of 5 mobile devices. Office mobile applications are accessible on iPhone and Android phones.
Visit UND Tech Support for details.
The U Card is your official UND identification and access credential card for campus. Carry it with you at all times. Your U Card provides access to many campus buildings, library resource materials, printing funds, as well as entrance to the Wellness Center, dining services and all athletic events.
Upload Your Own Photos
You may upload your own U Card photo by following these directions. If you don't want to upload your own photo, you may have it taken at the One-Stop Services located in the Memorial Union.
Pick Up Your Card
You may pick up your card at One-Stop Student Services, located on the main level of the Memorial Union, during regular business hours. You'll need to bring an acceptable form of a government-issued photo ID: driver's license, state identification card, passport, military ID, or tribal ID.
Note: If you're an online / distance student, you have the option to get your U Card, but you're not required to do so.
Tuition, fees and other charges (minus anticipated financial aid) are due on the following dates:
- Summer: Sunday, July 15
- Fall: Monday, October 15
To make a payment:
- View your Campus Connection account to verify that you're being charged the correct tuition rate.
- Review options to pay your bill. Payments can be made online through Campus Connection.
If you live outside of the United States and need to make a payment, visit Flywire for directions.
Campus Connection Authorized User
To permit someone else (family member) to view your tuition bill and make payments, visit One-Stop Student Services to learn how to set up an Authorized User for your account.
Financial Aid Refunds
If the financial aid you're awarded is higher than the amount owed to UND, you may have excess financial aid and other refunds. About 2 weeks after registering for courses, you'll receive a letter instructing you to select your preference for having the excess funds deposited into your existing bank account or to a new account that you can open with UND's refund partner.
The Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) establishes certain rights for students regarding the privacy of their educational records. To permit someone else (family member) to receive detailed information regarding your records, you must complete the FERPA privacy release form. This form allows UND to release the financial and academic records that you designate.
Questions? Contact One-Stop Student Services at 701.777.1234.
Connect with UND
Connect with Future Classmates
Mark Your Calendar
The first day of class will be here before you know it! Make sure you note these important dates and deadlines in your calendar and watch for more information as the dates get closer!
Important Dates & Priority Deadlines
Summer & Fall 2018
October 1, 2017
Housing Application Opens
October 15, 2017
February 1, 2018
March 1, 2018 (DEADLINE EXTENDED)
University Honors Program Application Priority Deadline
March 1, 2018
April 15, 2018
May 1, 2018
Enrollment Confirmation Priority Deadline
May 1, 2018
Summer Classes Begin
May 14, 2018
June 4 -July 12, 2018
August 18-20, 2018
Fall Classes Begin
August 20, 2018