Congratulations, future UND Fighting Hawk!
Now that you're accepted, it's time to get started on the next steps for Summer & Fall 2019!
Take the Next Steps
To claim your account:
- Go to UND.edu/claim.
- Find your student ID number (also known as your EMPLID) on your acceptance letter.
- Once you have your student ID number, click on the "Claim Your Account" link.
- Follow the steps as indicated.
Once you've claimed your account, you don't have to go through the process again. Make sure that you keep your username and password in a safe and secure place. For security reasons, your password will expire every 90 days.
If you have questions, contact the NDUS Help Desk at
1.866.457.6387 or go to helpdesk.ndus.edu.
Before you've registered for classes, please check the email you used on your admission application frequently for official communications from the University regarding financial aid, housing, confirming your enrollment, Orientation, course registration and more.
After you've claimed your account, please log in to your UND student email account.
Follow the directions for accessing your UND student email account:
- Review the login information under the Getting Started tab.
- Get directions to set up your UND email on your smartphone under the Mobile Devices tab.
If you have questions, contact UND Tech Support at 701.777.6305. When prompted, remain on the line to speak to a UND representative.
Campus Connection is the system that you'll use to apply for housing, pay your enrollment confirmation deposit, accept or decline financial aid awards, register for classes, pay your bill and more (see additional steps below).
After you've claimed your NDUS account and have obtained your user ID and password, follow these steps to log in to Campus Connection:
- Go to Campus Connection.
- On the login page, enter your user ID (e.g., firstname.lastname and password.
- Click Sign In.
Go to fafsa.gov to complete the 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) beginning October 1. You'll use your 2017 income taxes to prepare your FAFSA. Apply early as funding is not guaranteed past the February 1 priority deadline.
Summer Financial Aid
If you plan to take Summer 2019 courses, you'll need to complete the 2018-19 FAFSA, and you must be registered in summer classes before financial aid eligibility will be evaulated.
UND's FAFSA school code is 003005.
If you have any questions, contact UND One-Stop Student Services at 701.777.1234.
Scholarships & Waivers
If you meet the criteria and are accepted by the priority deadline of February 1, you'll automatically be awarded one of UND's academic scholarships.
You'll receive notification of your UND scholarship award beginning in September or within 2 weeks from when you're admitted.
Now that you're accepted to UND, you can search and apply for more than 800 scholarships with one application at Scholarship Central.
Note: You may accept non-UND scholarships without affecting your UND scholarships. (If you have a UND athletic scholarship, please contact the Athletic Department to determine if you can accept a non-UND scholarship.)
If you're a first-year freshman, you're required to live on campus for your first, full academic year or receive an approved exemption. Visit Housing to learn more about the campus living requirement and to research residence hall options.
After you've claimed your NDUS Account, visit Housing to find instructions for completing the online residence hall application in Campus Connection. The Housing application opens October 1.
A $60 non-refundable fee is due when you submit your application.
Apply early! Your priority for room assignment is based on the date you submit your application. The priority deadline is February 1.
To confirm your enrollment for Summer or Fall 2019, you must pay a $200 non-refundable deposit by the May 1 priority deadline. The deposit is a prepayment applied to tuition, fees or other charges on your UND bill.
You'll need to pay the full deposit before you'll be eligible to take the next steps toward being a UND student, including:
- Signing up for Orientation
- Registering for classes
- Receiving your housing room assignment
So it's very important to confirm your enrollment as soon as possible!
NOTE: If you're a transfer student, you will not need to pay this deposit.
- Required of all new freshmen who plan to enroll in classes for Summer or Fall 2019.
- Priority deadline is May 1.
- The $200 deposit is a down payment applied to future charges you'll incur on your UND bill (tuition, fees, etc.). It's not an additional charge.
- Non-refundable, but may be applied to future terms if you're unable to enroll for Summer or Fall 2019. Call 1.800.CALL.UND for details.
- If you're unable to pay the full amount at one time, you may pay in installments through the May 1 deadline.
- After you've claimed your account, you can make your online payment through Campus Connection via e-check from a U.S.
bank (free service) or credit card (2.75% convenience fee). It may take up to 2 business days for the deposit to be processed.
- Refer to the How to Pay Your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit document for step-by-step instructions on paying your deposit in Campus Connection. You must claim your account before you can pay your deposit (see above).
- See Payment Options for alternative payment methods, including mailing a check (note Enrollment Confirmation Deposit in the memo) or FlyWire for international payments.
How To Video
Watch this video for step-by-step instructions for paying your confirmation deposit.
Note: If you're unable to pay the $200 deposit due to financial hardship, please contact the UND Office of Admissions at 1.800.CALL.UND or 701.777.3000.
New Student Orientation
Details about the New Student Orientation programs are being planned. Watch your email and this website for updates!
Connect with UND
Connect with Future Classmates
Join the UND Freshman Facebook group to connect with your future classmates and discuss classes, professors, roommates, textbooks and anything else related to UND.
Mark Your Calendar
The first day of class will be here before you know it! Make sure you note these important dates and deadlines in your calendar and watch for more information as the dates get closer!
Important Dates & Priority Deadlines
October 1, 2018
|Housing Application Opens
(must be accepted to UND before applying)
|October 1, 2018|
November 1, 2018
February 1, 2019
February 1, 2019
February 1, 2019
Enrollment Confirmation Priority Deadline
May 1, 2019
Summer Classes Begin
May 13, 2019
August 24-26, 2019
Fall Classes Begin
August 26, 2019