Freshman New Student Transition Program
Make Your Transition to UND
Follow the steps below to make your transition to UND for summer or fall 2022.
1. Claim Account & Confirm Your Enrollment
Let us know you're coming to UND! To confirm your enrollment for summer/fall 2022, you must pay a $200 nonrefundable deposit. The deposit is a prepayment applied to tuition, fees or other charges on your UND bill.
You must claim your account and pay your deposit at least two business days before you'll be able to complete Step 2 of the New Student Transition process.
Claim Account Details
To gain access to many of the systems you'll need as a UND student, you must activate your student account within the ND University System (NDUS).
To claim your account:
- Find your student ID number (also known as your EMPLID) on your acceptance letter.
- Go to UND.edu/claim.
- Click on 'Claim Your Account', and follow the steps as indicated.
Once you've claimed your account, you don't have to go through the process again.
Make sure that you keep your username and password in a safe and secure place. If
you have questions, contact the NDUS Help Desk at
1.866.457.6387 or go to helpdesk.ndus.edu.
Now that you have your username and password, you can log in to your UND email account.
All students will log in with NDUS.identifier username (typically first.lastname) followed by "@NDUS.edu". Your NDUS.identifier is what you currently use to log into Campus Connection, Blackboard and HRMS Self-Service (ex. john.doe@NDUS.edu).
Your password will be the same as the other systems on campus, like Campus Connection, Blackboard and HRMS Employee Self-Service.
Your UND email is where we will send information about financial aid, housing and dining and other UND-related items. Check your email regularly to stay on track for spring classes.
- Required of all new freshmen who plan to enroll in classes for summer/fall 2022.
- The $200 deposit is a down payment applied to future charges you'll incur on your UND bill (tuition, fees, etc.). It's not an additional charge.
- Nonrefundable, but may be applied to future terms if you're unable to enroll for summer/fall 2022. Call 701.777.3000 for details.
- Refer to the How to Pay Your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit document for step-by-step instructions on paying your deposit.
- If you're unable to pay the $200 deposit due to financial hardship, please contact the UND Office of University Admissions at 701.777.3000. You also may pay in installments.
2. Complete New Student Transition Reservation Process
The New Student Transition Reservation system will be opening on Saturday, Jan. 22 at 9 a.m. Central time. Please allow 1 hour to complete the New Student Transition reservation process that includes the following steps:
- Completing an online Orientation Module where you’ll learn about various programs you can choose to be involved with at UND.
- Providing a complete list of all college-level credits, AP/CLEP/IB scores and ACT/SAT scores. Your advisor will use this information to accurately advise you on your first semester of classes.
- Selecting an online registration date. Registration dates are based on the college of your major. If you want to change your major, you're able to do so during the reservation process. At 10 a.m. Central time on the advisement & registration date you select, you'll receive an email from UND.advising@UND.edu with a list of summer/fall semester courses to enroll in. We'll include detailed instructions on how to enroll in your courses. In addition, your academic advisor will be included on the email if you need help.
- Registering for an optional on-campus Orientation program.
3. Math Placement Assessment
Complete the math placement assessment to determine appropriate course placement, unless one of the following applies to you:
- You've completed college-level math credit while in high school (CIS, PSEO, dual-credit, etc.)
- You've submitted official ACT or SAT scores to UND Admissions. See math placement website for ACT or SAT score placement.
- You've submitted official AP/IB/CLEP math scores to UND Admissions
- You're pursuing one of the following majors that doesn't require a math course: American Indian Studies, Aviation Safety & Operations, Communications, Early Childhood Education, English, Environmental Studies, General Studies, Graphic Design, Health Studies, History, Languages (Classical Studies, French, German, Norwegian or Spanish), Music, Philosophy & Religious Studies, Social Science, Theatre Arts, Visual Arts or Women & Gender Studies.
You must complete the math placement assessment at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled advisement & registration date. If you do not complete the math placement assessment 2 weeks in advance of your advisement & registration date, you may not be able to enroll in a math course until it has been completed.
4. Attend Orientation
Orientation for incoming students will be held July 18-22, 2022.