Housing & Dining for Transfer Students
Settle into one of UND's housing options and you'll be steps away from your classes, dining and more.
As a transfer student, you have many affordable options for on-campus housing. Choose from any residence hall with three designed for upper-division students, including University Place, which offers full kitchens in every unit. Or, make your home in a traditional 1, 2 or 3-bedroom apartment located throughout campus.
- Residence halls – Choose between 13 residence halls, located throughout campus. Two residence halls are specifically for transfer and upper-division students.
- University Place – Apartment-style rooms, but offers upper-division students more independence with
- Apartments – One-, two- and three-bedroom units are available across campus for independent living, but the benefits of living on campus.
Who needs to cook, when you've got dining options like this?
- All-you-care-to-eat dining centers – Dine on fire-roasted pizza, build-your-own omelets, international cuisine and the "chef's table" with gourmet menus.
- Old Main Marketplace Food Court – Enjoy everything from pizza to made-to-order sandwiches to A&W root beer.
- Campus coffee shops – Get your caffeine fix with Starbucks coffee.
- Convenience stores – Grab your snack and go.
With convenient locations across campus, you can meet a friend for coffee, grab a snack at a To-Go café or experience late night dining.
If you live in one of the residence halls, you're required to have a meal plan.
Tunnels, Skyways and Shuttles
Too cold to be outside? Walk through our heated tunnels and skyways to get to a dining center or class. Or hop on the shuttle bus to get across campus fast.
Eat in our newly renovated Wilkerson Commons. With a variety of meal plan options, you can grab a snack, beverage or meal almost anytime.
Ranked as one of the fittest campuses in the nation, our Wellness Center was recently named one of the top rec centers in the country.
Hang out in the heart of campus at the Memorial Union, home to study spaces, games, dining and many student organizations and clubs.