Housing & Dining for Transfer Students
Settle into one of UND's housing options and you'll be steps away from your classes, dining and more.
As a transfer student, you have many affordable options for on-campus housing. Choose from any residence hall with three designed for upper-division students, including University Place, which offers full kitchens in every unit. Or, make your home in a traditional 1, 2 or 3-bedroom apartment located throughout campus.
- Residence halls – Choose between 13 residence halls, located throughout campus. Two residence halls are specifically for transfer and upper-division students.
- University Place – Apartment-style rooms, but offers upper-division students more independence with
- Apartments – One-, two- and three-bedroom units are available across campus for independent living, but the benefits of living on campus.
Who needs to cook, when you've got dining options like this?
- All-you-care-to-eat dining centers – Dine on fire-roasted pizza, build-your-own omelets, international cuisine and the "chef's table" with gourmet menus.
- Old Main Marketplace Food Court – Enjoy everything from pizza to made-to-order sandwiches to A&W root beer.
- Campus coffee shops – Get your caffeine fix with Starbucks coffee.
- Convenience stores – Grab your snack and go.
With convenient locations across campus, you can meet a friend for coffee, grab a snack at a To-Go café or experience late night dining.
If you live in one of the residence halls, you're required to have a meal plan.
Tunnels, Skyways and Shuttles
Too cold to be outside? Walk through our heated tunnels and skyways to get to a dining center or class. Or hop on the shuttle bus to get across campus fast.
Eat in our newly renovated Wilkerson Commons. With a variety of meal plan options, you can grab a snack, beverage or meal almost anytime.
Ranked as one of the fittest campuses in the nation, our Wellness Center was recently named one of the top rec centers in the country.