Transcending COVID-19 Vaccine Barriers: Strategies to Increase Confidence and Acceptance
FREE Virtual Conference | June 16-17, 2021
The North Dakota State University Center for Immunization Research and Education (CIRE) is hosting a FREE two-day, virtual conference for healthcare providers and public health professionals to examine ways to increase COVID-19 vaccination rates.
- Dr. Kevin Ault - Director of Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Univ. of Kansas, fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA), and member of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
- Dr. Noel Brewer - Professor of Health Behavior in the Gillings School of Global Public Health at the Univ. of North Carolina, and member of the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Dr. Brian Castrucci - President and CEO of the de Beaumont Foundation- the foundation's mission is to advance policy, build partnerships, and strengthen public health to create communities where people can achieve their best possible health
- Dr. Katelyn Jetelina - Dept. of Epidemiology, Univ. of Texas Health Science Center, and founder/sole author of “Your Local Epidemiologist” - a viral blog that translates scientific research and events to the public
- Dr. Sara Oliver - Lead for the COVID-19 Vaccines ACIP Work Group, and member of the CDC Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS) and Medical Epidemiologist at the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respirator Diseases (NCIRD)
- Dr. Joe Smyser - CEO of the Public Good Projects (PGP) - a nonprofit composed of experts in public health, media, and marketing
- Tiffany Suragh, MPH - Health Scientist, Immunization Safety Office, CDC
- Dr. Joshua Williams - Dept. of Pediatrics, Univ. of Colorado, founding member of the Public Health, Religion, and Spirituality Network and Co-Investigator on the Vaccine Safety Datalink
The objectives of the conference are to:
- Explore strategies to address COVID-19 vaccine with patients, to ultimately increase vaccination rates in healthcare practices.
- Examine the role social media can play in COVID-19 vaccine communication.
- Summarize COVID-19 vaccine safety monitoring systems and safety data.
Who Should Attend?
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Public Health Professionals
- Anyone working on the front line of COVID-19 vaccinations
- Communication strategies when discussing COVID-19 vaccines with patients
- COVID-19 vaccine safety monitoring systems and safety data
- Social media's influence on COVID-19 vaccination communication