Diane Baumiller, RN
- Diane Baumiller is a nurse at Avera St Benedict Health Center, Parkston, SD, for 32 years. She has worked in LTC, CAH, Home Care, Community Health, and Infection Prevention. She has done Infection Prevention for CAH and LTC since 2012. She has served on the SDICC board for 4 years.
Brady Carda, RN, BSN
- Brady Carda is an Infection Preventionist and Employee Health Nurse with Sanford Aberdeen Medical Center in Aberdeen, South Dakota. Brady has over 15 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse in a variety of acute and ambulatory settings. He has 2 years’ experience as an Infection Preventionist and Employee Health Nurse. Brady received a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from South Dakota State University in 2005. He has served on the South Dakota Infection Control Council for 2 years.
Heidi Deleeuw, BSN, RN, CIC
- Heidi has worked with Sanford health for the last 21 years and has been with infection control for the last 5 years. She enjoys her job and loves working with her co-workers. In her free time she loves spending time with her husband and two boys. Together they enjoy going to movies, swimming, going out to eat and love dirt biking.
Elizabeth Healy, BSN, RN, CIC
- Elizabeth Healy, BSN, RN, CIC is the Infection Prevention Coordinator at Avera Sacred Heart Hospital, in Yankton, SD. She has worked in infection prevention since 2013 and is certified in Infection Control. Prior to this role, Liz was a float nurse working in virtually every unit of the hospital. She received her BSN from the University of Texas in Austin, TX and a BA in Psychology from the College of Santa Fe, Santa Fe, NM. She is chair of the South Dakota Infection Control Conference board, spoke at the Premier Breakthroughs in 2017 & 2021, and has been recognized by Avera for several process improvement projects. Liz served as the Vaccine Coordinator for Yankton & Union Counties during the COVID-19 Vaccine rollout of 2020-2021.
Kendra Krcil, ASCP
- Kendra Krcil has a bachelor's degree in Biology with a minor in Chemistry. She then took a yearlong intensive program to qualify to test as a 4-year Medical Laboratory Scientist and get her ASCP certification. She currently works at Community Memorial Hospital as the Lab Manager and Infection Preventionist. Before here, she was the Lab Manager and Infection Preventionist for Avera Dell Rapids for 6 years.
Kipp Stahl, RN, BSN
- Kipp Stahl, RN, BSN is the South Dakota Department of Health Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI) Program Coordinator. Kipp Has been the HAI Program coordinator since Spring 2017. Before his current position, Kipp was the HAI Surveillance Coordinator with the State of South Dakota, and conducted all Carbapenem Resistant Enterobacteriacae (CRE) Investigations in the State.
Nick Thompson, RN, BSN
- Nick has been with Avera since 2012 and currently serves as an Infection Prevention RN Specialist where he focuses on infection prevention in Avera’s LTC facilities. He also assists to consult with acute and ambulatory services on their infection prevention practices. He has extensive experience in Long Term Care leadership that includes infection prevention, survey readiness, and quality assurance/performance improvement. Nick holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology from Augustana College, a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from the University of Sioux Falls and is a Quality Certified Professional through AADNS. He is certified in infection control through the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology.