2021 Tax Update Webinar
July 26-27 - LIVE WEBINAR
If you are having technical difficulties logging into the webinar, go to the Webinar Information page for additional information.
Tax Update Webinar Information
The Tax Update Webinar is a Two-day overview Group-Internet Based Program. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation needed for this course. This course is recommended for Certified Public Accountants, Registered Tax Return Preparers, Enrolled Agents, Insurance Providers, Financial Planners and Lawyers. The program knowledge level of the Institute is considered to be basic. Advanced preparation: None.
- Cite tax developments and planning opportunities affecting individuals
- Identify tax developments and planning opportunities affecting businesses
- Review updates in tax law and legislation
- Analyze agricultural tax issues
This instructor led, Two day course is a tax update webinar focused on various current developments in federal taxation, tax planning opportunities, and tax compliance issues. This course is intended for tax professionals and is designed to provide up-to-date information on federal tax updates and federal tax law.
Day One - Breaking Tax Developments, July 26, 2021
This webinar will cover the latest breaking tax developments, including the COVID-19 relief package, the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) that was passed into law during tax season!
This course will be taught by Chris Province, CPA who also presents at the North Dakota Tax Practitioners Institute. This full day webinar will provide you with the latest developments and covers new federal tax law that has come about in the past 12 to 18 months. Attendees will learn tax planning ideas on reducing taxes through effective planning and receive the most current updates on key tax issues affecting their clients including potential future legislative tax law changes under the current administration. By attending this tax update, you will come away with real-world solutions to real-world problems.
Day Two - Farm and Ranch Tax Update - What's Hot in the Tax Court and IRS; Lingering Issues with the ERC and PPP, July 27, 2021
This session, taught by Roger McEowen, provides a review of the significant caselaw and regulatory/administrative developments of importance to tax practitioners with an ag clientele base. Also, many issues and questions have arisen concerning the interaction of the Employee Retention Credit (ERC) and the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) as those programs were modified throughout 2020 and into 2021 causing many questions for practitioners and taxpayers. This session provides a review and update of the issues that remain and how to address them.
Breakdown of the topics for IRS credit:
- American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), COVID-19 Relief Package
- Refundable Payroll Tax Credits for Required Paid Family and Sick Leave in the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- Key Business and Individual Tax Developments of the CARES Act – Federal Tax Law Update
- Net Operating and Excess Business Losses
- Changes to QIP
- Meal and Entertainment Expenses
- Individual & BusinessTax Developments
- Tax Planning Strategies
- Proposed Tax Law Changes
- Employee Retention Credit and Paycheck Protection Program - Remaining Issues
- Proposed legislation update and planning implications - income tax basis; capital gains; rates; like-kind exchanges; estate and gift tax.
- Caselaw and IRS significant developments
- Fundamentals of Oil and Gas Taxation
- IRC Sec. 199A Update (co-op final regulations)
- "Farm Income" and FSA Farm Programs
The University of North Dakota Conference Services is registered with the National
Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional
education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have
final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints
regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors,
150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville TN, 37219-2417. Website: www.learningmarket.org
Tax Practitioners' Institute Dates
Nov 16-17, 2021 Online Webinar