Nolby joined the Space Studies department as professional staff in 2013, as the Coordinator for ND NASA EPSCoR and the ND Space Grant Consortium. She was promoted to Deputy Director of those programs in 2015. She began in her current role as a faculty member in the department and Director of these programs in 2020.
- Women and Underrepresented Genders in STEM
- Underrepresented Minority Populations in STEM
- Persons with Disabilities in STEM
- LGBTQ+ in Higher Education
- STEM Education
- NASA and STEM Historiography
Nolby, C., Saad, M., & Bartholomay, A. (2017). Impact of Hands-on Professional Development Workshop in North Dakota on Secondary Teacher Confidence in Space Sciences. 68th International Astronautical Congress.
Saad, M., Fevig, R., Nolby, C., & Seelan, S. (2014). Promoting STEM Education with High Altitude Balloons. 65th International Astronautical Congress.
Nolby, C., & Hardersen, P. (2013). The High School Physics Curriculum and the University of North Dakota Observatory. Communicating Science: A National Conference on Science Education and Public Outreach – Astronomical Society of the Pacific Conference Series, 473, 373 – 376.
2020 (expected) Ph.D. in Teaching and Learning, University of North Dakota (UND)
2012 M.S. in Space Studies, University of North Dakota (UND)
2010 B.S. in Astrophysics, University of Minnesota (U of M – TC)
- Greater Grand Forks Young Professionals (GGFYP)
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- NASA’s Museum Alliance
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- Civil Air Patrol Aerospace Educator
- SciGirls® Trainer
- Astronomy Society of the Pacific - Galileo Educator Fellow
- Space Grant Communications Subcommittee
- UND Atmospherium Committee
- Space Grant 30th Anniversary Committee
- External Reviewer, Louisiana NASA EPSCoR Research Awards Program (RAP)
- Department of Space Studies Assessment Committee
- ND State Science & Engineering Fair (NDSSEF) Program & Activities Committee
- UND STEM Initiative Work Group
- Advisor, Dakota Space Society
- “Inspiragage” Committee, GLEE (Great Lunar Expedition for Everyone)
- Mentor, UND LGBTQ+ Mentorship Program
- Chair, Department of Space Studies Assessment Committee
- Organizing Committee, Aerospace Community Day