Clinical Assistant Professor, Comm Sciences & Disorders
- ASHA Certified Audiologist
- Email: michelle.novak@UND.edu
Columbia Hall Room 1142
501 N Columbia Rd Stop 8040
Grand Forks ND 58202-8040
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Speech & Hearing Mechanisms
- Speech and Hearing Science
- Introduction to Audiology
- Aural (Re)habilitation
- Audiology for SLPs
- Hearing Aid Verification
- Auditory Processing
- Blast-exposure related Traumatic Brain Injury
- Geriatic and Veteran Populations
- Jorgensen, L. E., & Novak, M. (2022, May). Verification and validation: Just the standards. In Seminars in Hearing (Vol. 43, No. 02, pp. 085-093). Thieme Medical Publishers.
Jorgensen, L., Jedlicka, D., Pratt, S., Haley, E., Zhen, L., Novak, M. (2022, April). Fitting hearing aids on patients with mild traumatic brain injury: Patients with auditory complaints but normal hearing. Learning module presented at the American Academy of Audiology Conference, St. Louis, MO.
- Jorgensen, L. E., & Novak, M. (2020, February). Factors influencing hearing aid adoption. In Seminars in hearing (Vol. 41, No. 01, pp. 006-020). Thieme Medical Publishers.
Van Gerpen, T., & Novak, M. (2018, November). Hearing screenings in South Dakota public schools and a comparison to professional guidelines. Poster session presented at the Association of University Centers on Disabilities Conference, Washington, DC.
Jorgensen, L., Messersmith, J., Johnson J.M., Stout, A., Price, A., & Novak, M. (2018, October). Grand rounds: Hearing aids, presented in partnership with the University of South Dakota. AudiologyOnline. Article 31390. Retrieved from www.audiologyonline.com
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology
- Licensed North Dakota Audiologist
- Licensed North Dakota Hearing Instrument Specialist
Au.D., Doctor of Audiology, University of South Dakota, 2021
B.S., Bachelor of Science, University of South Dakota, 2017
- Major: Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Minor: Communication Studies