Minou Rabiei is an associate professor at the petroleum engineering department and the co-director of the Sustainable Infrastructure Research Institute (SIRI) at the University of North Dakota. She has several years of experience in advanced data analytics and machine learning applications and has been involved in several research projects focused on developing advanced AI models to enhance the safety and efficiency of procedures in drilling and production operations and to address data-related regulatory compliance issues in the oil and gas industry and the mining sector.
Introduction to Petroleum Engineering
Petroleum Economics and Law
Data Mining in Petroleum Engineering
Research Areas of Interest
- Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning and AI in Oil and Gas Operations
- HSE Regulatory Compliance Optimization
- Decision Support Systems
- Advanced Environmental Health and Safety Research Initiative, UND-CEM, PI.
- Enhancing Regulatory Compliance by Capitalizing on Big Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence: A Mutually Beneficial Regulators-Industry Collaboration, UND Energy & Environmental Sustainability White Papers, PI.
- A Case-Based Reasoning Approach for Harnessing Big Data in Unconventional Petroleum Projects, UND Early Career Research Award, PI.
- An Integrated Software Package for Data Processing, Modelling and Simulation of Unconventional Reservoirs, Research North Dakota-Venture Grant, PI.
- Data-Driven Modelling in Unconventional Reservoirs, UND VPR, PI.
- Oil and Gas Big Data Research Initiative, ND-EPSCOR Startup Fund, PI.
- Ensuring Sustainable Production and Exports of Food and Energy in a Water-Constrained Environment, UND VPR - Planning Grant, Co-PI.
- Development of Formulations for the Removal of Scale from Oil and Gas wells in the Williston Basin, NDIC, Co-PI.
- A New Approach to Quantifying Adsorption/Diffusion Characteristics of Shale
- Formations through 3D Printing Technology, ACS (American Chemical Society), Co-PI.
- Simulation of Hydraulic Fracturing and Re-fracturing Operations to Enhance Oil Production from Bakken and Three Forks Formations, Research North Dakota, Co-PI.