- Calendar of Events
- Flu Clinics
- SERW and Spring Fling
- Health Screenings
- Get Moving Challenge
- Warm Up Your Heart
- Wear Red
- Diabetes Prevention
- Diabetes Management
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Metabolic Testing
- Expecting & Mothering
- Tobacco Cessation
- Weight Watchers
- Special Events
- Employee Insurance
- Family Resources
- NDPERS Updates
- Preventive Screenings
- Tuition Assistance
- Wellness Cool Tools
Work Well Ambassadors
Learn more about becoming an Ambassador:
Leave this field empty
Who Are They?
- Amazing! Wonderful! Engaging! Caring! Work Well Ambassadors are the eyes, ears and arm-twisters of the Work Well program.
- They know the latest and greatest wellness opportunities for employees and they're not afraid to share it with their co-workers.
- Ambassadors are also the ones who generate great ideas for the Work Well team.
- The primary role of Work Well Ambassadors is to promote wellness and Work Well updates within your department.
- You also serve as the liaison between your department and the UND Work Well program.
Is it fun or work?
This should be a fun experience that you can do to enhance your work environment!
You will want to make sure of a couple things:
- Your supervisor is okay with your involvement
- You have a little time every month to do the basics for a year
Below is a list of a few basics:
- Distribute promotional flyers on upcoming wellness programs and events.
- Announce wellness programs in meetings.
- Create a "Health & Wellness Space" or small separate bulletin board with information about wellness and upcoming programs.
- Informally encourage co-workers to get involved with wellness events.
- Bring feedback and requests from co-workers to the Coordinator of Work Well.
This is really why we do it!!!
"I was being purely selfish in becoming an ambassador in order to help myself. I ended up helping others as well. What a "win, win" situation!" - Lesli Riskey
- YOU are the first to learn about wellness activities at UND and to sign-up first.
- You get to trial fun things.
- Ambassadors were able to pilot metabolic testing for FREE. It went smoothly and now it is an available fee-for-service option to employees and spouses/partners.
- You get opportunities that come to UND.
- For instance, when we were selected for the Ergotron Uprising Program to received 20 free sit-stand units, Ambassadors were contacted to get folks together from their own departments for this opportunity.
- You get gift cards by doing a couple activities a year through the Advanced Program.
- For instance, if you get someone to join a challenge with you, volunteer at a Work Well event and organize a small presentation at your staff/faculty meeting, you will get 3 points, which equates to a $10 gift card.
What are Current Ambassadors Doing?
Work Well Ambassadors in various departments are activating a culture of wellness. Here are a few examples:
- The Center for Rural Health - comprehensive plan and wellness committee including: social wellness (potlucks), environmental wellness (Adopt-A-Highway), health-related presentations, and 5 minutes of wellness at each staff meeting.
- The Anthropology Department - walk club to campus dining hall once a month.
- The Accounting Services, Student Financial Aid and Student Account Services - presentations every semester at staff meetings.
- Dining Services - special health screening every spring break
Ambassador Forms, Resources and Toolkits
- List of Demonstrations/Presentation Options
- End of Year Checklist
- Sign-in sheet
- Walking/Stretching Sign-in sheet
- 2015-2016 Voucher
- Sodium Tracker
- Holiday Pie Challenge
- Wellness Bingo
Let's keep the momentum going UND to be healthy, well and happy!
If you are interested in more information, please contact Kim Ruliffson at: 701-777-0210 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This information was adapted from the WELL-U program at the University of Rochester, NY.