- About Work Well
- Advisory Board
- National Awards
- Work Well Ambassadors
- Culture of Wellness
- Deans for Wellness
- Calendar of Events
- Flu Clinics
- SERW and Spring Fling
- Health Screenings
- Get Moving Challenge
- Gratitude Campaign
- Diabetes Prevention
- Diabetes Management
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Metabolic Testing
- Expecting & Mothering
- Tobacco Cessation
- Weight Watchers
- Special Events
- 7 Dimensions of Wellness
- Ergonomics & Sit-Stand Units
- Walking Paths
- Community Violence Intervention Center
Fitness Center Reimbursement
This was previously the Health Club Credit program (through BCBS) and allows benefited employees and spouses to earn $20 by exercising in a participating facility 12 days a month.
- As of January 2016, you do not need to start with the on-line portal. A new on-line health assessment will be available in April 2016 and you will need to create an account and a health assessment to use the program.
- Review Sanford's FAQ to get started with the Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Get the Fitness Center Reimbursement Form to bring to your gym. Some gyms will not use this form and are waiting for the on-line portal transition from Sanford. Please keep using the gym as visits will count, and financial returns will occur when the system is in place.
UND Wellness Center Specific Information
Please follow the instructions on the UND Wellness Center page.
Step 1: On-line Registration (annually)
The on-line system is currently not available until April 1, 2016, so this step can be skipped until then.
It is helpful, but not required if you “know your numbers.” The numbers you need to know include cholesterol (HDL,LDL and total cholesterol), blood pressure, fasting blood sugar, height, weight and waist measurements.
NOTE: Annually, you need to re-authorize your account and complete the health assessment in order to re-earn your $250.
Step 2: Find a Participating Fitness Club
Bring your Sanford insurance card and visit with a participating club to complete the Fitness Center Reimbursement enrollment paperwork.
To find a participating club in your area, go to: http://www.nihca.org, click on the top red bar on the “Find a Club”, click your state, and you can scroll by city. As we transition to Sanford there may be a lag in gyms knowing the new paperwork is required.
In Grand Forks, these clubs participate (as of 7/2/2015):
- Achieve Therapy
- Altru’s Medical Fitness Center
- Anytime Fitness
- Choice Health and Fitness
- CrossFit Tundra (Gateway Dr.)
- IronWorks Gym & Fitness Ctr.
- MAP Fitness LLC
- Planet Fitness
- Snap Fitness (Washington and Gateway locations)
- UND’s Wellness Center
UND Hyslop Pool
The Hyslop Pool is available for use with no charge for UND students, faculty, staff and all Wellness Center members! For more information, click here.
Exercise 12 days a month and earn your $20 in return. Some facilities will deposit the $20 into a checking or savings account, others may give you the $20 discount towards your next month of membership.
If the facility charges less than $20 a month, you will earn only the costs paid in return for exercising 12 days that month.
If you have questions about the change to Sanford's Fitness Center Reimbursement program, you can call 701.323.2131 or email NDPERSwellness@sanfordhealthplan.com.