- About Work Well
- Advisory Board
- National Awards
- Work Well Ambassadors
- Culture of Wellness
- Deans for Wellness
- Calendar of Events
- Flu Clinics
- SERW and Spring Fling
- Health Screenings
- Get Moving Challenge
- Gratitude Campaign
- Wear Red
- Diabetes Prevention
- Diabetes Management
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Metabolic Testing
- Expecting & Mothering
- Tobacco Cessation
- Weight Watchers
- Special Events
- 7 Dimensions of Wellness
- Campus Resources
- Ergonomics & Sit-Stand Units
- Walking Paths
- Community Violence Intervention Center
- Employee Insurance
- Family Resources
- NDPERS Updates
- Preventive Screenings
- Tuition Assistance
- Wellness Cool Tools
Fitness Center Reimbursement
This was previously the Health Club Credit program and allows benefited employees and spouses to earn $20 by exercising in a participating facility 12 days a month.
- Access to the new Sanford Well portal after July 1, 2015.
- Review Sanford's FAQ to get started with the Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Get the Fitness Center Reimbursement Form to bring to your gym. Some gyms will not use this form and are waiting for the on-line portal transition from Sanford. Please keep using the gym as visits will count, and financial returns will occur when the system is in place.
- August 2015 updates from Sanford/NDPERS: We are processing the July Fitness Center Reimbursements. Approved reimbursements will be distributed at the end of August.
UND Wellness Center Specific Information
With the recent change in health insurance administration for the ND University System, the process for what was the Health Club Credit program will be updated. UND employees received a generic update that included instructions to complete a registration form at the gym, but our process will be different.
In order to avoid collecting personal banking information, the UND Wellness Center is working with a provider to update our online registration portal. That update is expected to go live in early August. July reimbursements will be delayed in order to allow for this process; these payments will be issued in conjunction with the August payments once everything is confirmed as usual.
In the meantime, employees should just continue to scan in for their workouts as usual. We will communicate with everyone again when the new portal is live.
Step 1: On-line Registration (annually)
It is helpful, but not required if you “know your numbers.” The numbers you need to know include cholesterol (HDL,LDL and total cholesterol), blood pressure, fasting blood sugar, height, weight and waist measurements.
Go to sanfordhealthplan.com/memberlogin, create an account and take the health assessment (it should take about 15 mins.).
NOTE: Annually, you need to re-authorize your account and complete the health assessment in order to re-earn your $250.
Step 2: Find a Participating Fitness Club
Bring your Sanford insurance card and visit with a participating club to complete the Fitness Center Reimbursement enrollment paperwork.
To find a participating club in your area, go to: http://www.nihca.org, click on the top red bar on the “Find a Club”, click your state, and you can scroll by city. As we transition to Sanford there may be a lag in gyms knowing the new paperwork is required.
In Grand Forks, these clubs participate (as of 7/2/2015):
- Achieve Therapy
- Altru’s Health and Fitness Club
- Anytime Fitness
- Choice Health and Fitness
- CrossFit (Washington St.)
- CrossFit Tundra (Gateway Dr.)
- IronWorks Gym
- Planet Fitness
- Snap Fitness (Washington and Gateway locations)
- UND’s Wellness Center
This transition from BCBS to Sanford will affect your reimbursements in the following ways:
- July reimbursements will be delayed by a month or two
- In August you will have to re-enroll in VANCO
We will update you with the appropriate steps on how to accomplish the above once we receive direction from Sanford.
UND Hyslop Pool
The Hyslop Pool is available for use with no charge for UND students, faculty, staff and all Wellness Center members! For more information, click here.
Exercise 12 days a month and earn your $20 in return. Some facilities will deposit the $20 into a checking or savings account, others may give you the $20 discount towards your next month of membership.
If the facility charges less than $20 a month, you will earn only the costs paid in return for exercising 12 days that month.
If you have questions about the change to Sanford's Fitness Center Reimbursement program, you can call 701.323.2131 or email NDPERSwellness@sanfordhealthplan.com.