- Calendar of Events
- Flu Clinics
- SERW and Spring Fling
- Health Screenings
- Get Moving Challenge
- Warm Up Your Heart
- Wear Red
- Diabetes Prevention
- Diabetes Management
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Metabolic Testing
- Expecting & Mothering
- Tobacco Cessation
- Weight Watchers
- Special Events
- Employee Insurance
- Family Resources
- NDPERS Updates
- Preventive Screenings
- Tuition Assistance
- Wellness Cool Tools
Quit Tobacco Options
UND is a Tobacco Free Campus. If you are ready to quit, UND offers unique benefits to help staff and faculty who are interested in quitting smoking or chewing tobacco. Learn about other campus resources.
Eligibility: All current state employees and their dependents age 18 and older, that have NDPERS health coverage through UND, who smoke or chew tobacco and want to quit are eligible to participate.
Step 1: Register to get your Cessation ID/debit card so you can get FREE services and products:
Contact Sanford Health Plan at 877-737-7730.
Step 2:Enroll in NDQuits: www.ndhealth.gov/ndquits or 1.800.QUIT.NOW (1.800.784.8669).
NDQuits counselors will provide an initial assessment to determine how ready you are to quit, your smoking or chewing triggers and what type of nicotine replacement therapy (patches, gum or lozenges) and/or prescription medication you may need. If prescription medication is recommended, you will need to visit your doctor.
Members interested in face-to-face counseling must contact the North Dakota Department of Health at (866) 280-5512 for pre-approval.
- Up to $200 for office visit and co-pays.
- Up to $500 every 6 months for FDA-Approved medications including:
- Over-the-counter: nicotine gum, patches and lozenges
- Prescription: Bupropion, Chantix, nicotine nasal spray and inhaler
- NOTE: You will need to validate all purchases used with your ID/debit card by sending Sanford Health Plan your itemized receipt for office visits and pharmacy expenses.